Booster Pump Issues

Hi guys,

Brand new SpectraPure MaxCap 2:1 Manual Flush 90-GPD RO/DI and Booster Pump Kit.

Pump does not turn on unless I bypass the pressure switch. When bypassed, pump turns on but the pressure is the same as turned off which is around 20psi. Adjusted the pressure on the pump but makes absolutely no difference.

Below are a few pictures. What am I doing wrong or what part might be faulty? I have reached out SpectraPure. Waiting for a response.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Titanwerx

Premium Member
Supporter
I think you have the pressure switch in the wrong location. I believe I have mine connected at the last line where the RODI exits and it works perfectly

I think you have the pressure switch in the wrong location. I believe I have mine connected at the last line where the RODI exits and it works perfectly

That's what I thought, but here are the instructions.

Titanwerx

Premium Member
Supporter
That's odd, I'm not sure if it's because mine is a Bulk Reef Supply one but I would think they are all basically the same. Check out this vid from BRS, they install it like I stated. https://youtu.be/YHEnHpdm1Qw

I've watched that video. Not sure why BRS and SpectraPure are doing it differently.

We have pressure!!!!

One small, yet absolutely important piece. The Flow Restrictor. It was originally connected to the ASO which needs to connect to the pressure switch.

Latest posts