Help!!!!

pgr11

Supporter
What magnets are in the tank? Check for a broken magfloat or oowerhead magnets even skimmer impeller shaft broken

Tangwich

2020 Philanthropist
you can check them all, but i say you first get a plan of action going..find a friend with a stable tank to move some stuff over or as tough as it may be..start fragging stuff before it's all completely gone. Having gone through this myself a few months ago, i know it can all turn white real quick. Fragging was my only option and I was able to manage to save a few colonies albeit now in smaller frags that I passed out to a few friends.

Stray voltage? Maybe some bad rodi water? Hope your tank gets better mang. Vu, I didn't know that about toadstools thanks for sharing I gotta be careful with mine!

Six2seven

Premium Member
Supporter
I know you stated the alk was at 9 but do you test regularly. I'm thinking it could have possible been an alk swing.

I know you stated the alk was at 9 but do you test regularly. I'm thinking it could have possible been an alk swing.
I hate to admit but I don't test as much as I should.
Can urchins cause this if it dies off? That is the only new addition to the tank within the last week.

What was the smell ? Because I had that happen and it was a maxi jet that fried in the sump and the smell was of burned wires and the voltage leak caused my corals to lose color check your pumps for failure

What was the smell ? Because I had that happen and it was a maxi jet that fried in the sump and the smell was of burned wires and the voltage leak caused my corals to lose color check your pumps for failure
It smells like dead coral/salty dead fish/ rotting saltwater. All of my pumps look fine.

Speaker73

Premium Member
Supporter
This happened to my tank as well a few weeks ago. I added a boat load of sps colonies they did fine for a while then they all died and left a fishy smell in my house almost overnight. My softies didn't do so well either but pulled thru it. The only one going great was my maxima clam.

Latest posts