Anyone unhappy with kessils?

Smite

Premium Member
Supporter
2020 POTM
Can't send them back? Usually just a restocking fee no?

You drop that kinda cash you should be happy or money back.

It's interesting because I just set up a 24 gallon reef and I bought the Evergrow IT2040 LED's for lighting. I know they are the Chinese brand but they have 55 Cree 3 watt LED's. Full spectrum with the whites, UV's, Royal Blues, Blues, Greens, and Red. They also have full programmability. I liked the color(tried many different color combinations) but wasn't thrilled so I thought I would try the Kessil A350W. Really made a difference. The colors popped and you could see colors that the LED's didn't bring out. The shimmer is amazing. Also my corals opened up and responded better. The Kessil is set up mostly blue with a little white. I assume the Kessil is not as intense so corals will go slower but it sure looks nice. Also maybe since my tank is a little smaller the lower intensity won't matter as much.

Tangwich

2020 Philanthropist
I want to try adding a pair purely for shimmer.
if shimmer is what you want...this is the perfect led...set one up over my tank and it gives that cool deepwater look and feel...way better shimmer than the radions i had over my 100...let me post a pic

Tangwich

2020 Philanthropist
Here is one kessil a360w over my new 48" long lps/softy tank....going to add another but this should give.you an idea.

Tangwich

2020 Philanthropist
Looks quite bluish and nice to me. How do you like it? Are you gonna add one more?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yes, it was late night so i had toned it down to the bluish side...but when run at 100% color and intensity, it has more the 10k-12k look. i personally like to run my tanks at the 20k look. and yes, i am going to be adding one more kessil this coming week.

I've seen the light in a few store and yes it does not look like it has enough blue in them. But the main thing does it help sps to grow since it was design to be close as MH and ppl get these for sps corals versus others.

KingWes69

I have 2 on my 85g. I am not going with many SPS, will mostly be stocking with zoas and some LPS. So far my zoas are going bonkers. I bought goblin fire zoas last week, had three heads, now has 6. I have 2 pieces of SPS, a monti and a birdsnest, both seem good for now.

Love my Kessil! I'm not a hardcore reefer tho, concerned about growth and all that. I Like enjoying the look which Kessil surely provides with the shimmer. Plus of course happy corals which the light provides for them as well. I'm misty zoas and lps with a Sps that looks happy too.

I have 3 over my 5' 150 gallon. Loved the shimmer and the shadows but thought something was missing. I added two 80 watt t-5's and am now completely happy. Seeing a little more growth out of the corals as week.

Tangwich

2020 Philanthropist
This is why I always wanted a kessil because of the bad a$$ shimmer . Oh and cool tonga branch dude!
I agree....best shimmer I have seen out of any light. Also, thanks..never had a tonga branch themed tank so I thought it would be cool for my latest system....well, half of it anyway ; )

I enjoy the shimmer and the Kessil 360we is plenty blue. I think they make LPS colors pop better than any other light I have tried. With that said I am T5 until I die and Led's are only suplemental for me. I do like the Reefbrite's as well, with their dimmer module you can go down to 0% for true dawn to dusk. My lights used to be on from 10 am to 10pm, now I start at 8 and go to 11pm. When the lights dim down at night the last hour the fish spawn like crazy and are very active. The Kessils add the shimmer I like when the T5 are off, but can only be dimmed down to 20% on Apex. I have never had a problem yet with the 360we and I have 7 of them, but when I did have problems with older version Kessil sent replacements without payment and return shipping for defective light. Their warranty and service is top notch! A very small percentage of led users have good results growing SPS under Led lights. Those that do have mad husbandry skills and can read the color and look of their corals and make adjustments to make Led lights work. I never had any results with led as I did with Halide or T5, but I tend to try too many things which is not so good on a tank.

organism

2020 POTM
I've had a 350we over my 2'x2' 12" deep frag tank. It's not great, I can either have washed out colors with the whites on or really low light with the whites turned way down, and somehow it still grows algae more than my corals. Going to go DIY again, aside from aesthetics I still haven't found a decent commercial LED fixture that rivals making your own.

I've had a 350we over my 2'x2' 12" deep frag tank. It's not great, I can either have washed out colors with the whites on or really low light with the whites turned way down, and somehow it still grows algae more than my corals. Going to go DIY again, aside from aesthetics I still haven't found a decent commercial LED fixture that rivals making your own.
I took off my kessils and replaced them with radion gen 3 pros and haven't looked back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts