Petco to Acquire Rhinelander Based Drs. Foster and Smith

They are probably trying to get more into online sales. I doubt anything in the petco store fronts will change

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pgr11

Supporter
Yeah I wonder how this will play out. Our local Petco people are super retarted and not just about fish

have you ever been to Rhinelander, WI? its across the lake (superior) from Canada; friggin cold 9 months of the year! I guess thats why most of their coral & non-rare fish ships from right here in Los Angeles.

Coelli

Premium Member
Supporter
More than anything I wonder how this will affect liveaquaria.com. I am sure Petco is doing this mostly to boost their online sales infrastructure and take out a competitor. I buy our pet food from petflow.com anyway.... but I wonder if the liveaquaria.com portion of the business is profitable enough for Petco to keep it.

MrSquid

have you ever been to Rhinelander, WI? its across the lake (superior) from Canada; friggin cold 9 months of the year! I guess thats why most of their coral & non-rare fish ships from right here in Los Angeles.
9 months of cold is a bit of a stretch - unless you are from SoCal and consider anything below 50 to be cold. ;)

I'm from an area not far from Rhinelander - if they move operations from Rhinelander, that town will be screwed. It's a huge operation with a massive facility. The press release says they are staying put & expanding. Hopefully that stays true. And hopefully they keep their mitts off the Divers Den facility and just keep letting Kevin do his thing. That facility is amazing, and Live Aquaria's customer service cannot be beat.

Agreed I like my Petco the guy there qt the fish in coppermine and has a nice setup. But mostly buy my stuff from lfs. Hopefully they do store pick ups.

Sent from my iPhone using Tam