Reef question. Your wife or gf is reef safe ?

Haha mine is reef safe with caution.. She doesn't like how much time I spend on the tank at times, and she doesn't enjoy going with me to the lfs, BUT she still does go with me, and will help with anything I ask, even if it is cleaning the skimmer. Well most of the time lol. I'm always "trading" for coral though haha

I might try to involve her in the process to get a little more buy-in from your girlfriend. Have her go with you to make decisions about fish and corals. Have her pick out a fish that is "hers" Rearange the tank and ask for opinions on design. Maybe even set up a Pico that is hers but you help maintain. Tell her you will support things that are important to her is she supports your hobbies and interests.

My wife looks at my tank long enough to see what's new lol
Lol, my gf does the same thing. When she gets home from work, the first thing she does is stare in the tank to see if there's anything new.
Luckily she's reef safe and enjoys the hobby to. She just doesn't like how much I've spent but doesn't stop me.

My wife for sure wasn't reef safe. Guess that's why I'm divorced....but my boys is definitely reef safe. My 11yr old has his own 29g that he only see on the weekend..unfortunately i have to do the maintenance and stocking..anyone have nano fish they don't want ? Haha

Zoarder

2020 Philanthropist
Supporter
2020 POTM
My wife for sure wasn't reef safe. Guess that's why I'm divorced....but my boys is definitely reef safe. My 11yr old has his own 29g that he only see on the weekend..unfortunately i have to do the maintenance and stocking..anyone have nano fish they don't want ? Haha
I have a yellow watchman goby, but its a drive for just that fish... :/

my gf is a reef safe, and she was the one ask me to do the salt tanks since I am a freshwater guy. Now, she has her own salt tank, and I have my own fresh tanks. Lol

Mine is Reef safe with caution, she doesn't like coming to lfs, hates it when I do water changes and clean out skimmers but as long as I do it before she comes home from work she's happy !! I just have to show her cool deals on SCR and match against the price mark up on liveaquaria then she would even give me some extra money to buy some stuffs On Scr !!! Hahahaha

Coelli

Premium Member
Supporter
I don't have a wife or girlfriend so I guess I don't have to worry about this...

But my boyfriend is reef safe, in fact even though he's not into it he still encourages me to buy the best equipment we can afford (sometimes more than we can afford, but I'm not arguing) and since he likes to feel useful and manly he built my sump (even though I could have), carries the water jugs, lifts tanks onto stands... yup, I got a good one. :)

(Addit: I gotta say though, I get annoyed at what a "guy's" hobby this is... like even this thread that just assumes everyone reading is male. :p)

I don't have a wife or girlfriend so I guess I don't have to worry about this...

But my boyfriend is reef safe, in fact even though he's not into it he still encourages me to buy the best equipment we can afford (sometimes more than we can afford, but I'm not arguing) and since he likes to feel useful and manly he built my sump (even though I could have), carries the water jugs, lifts tanks onto stands... yup, I got a good one. :)

(Addit: I gotta say though, I get annoyed at what a "guy's" hobby this is... like even this thread that just assumes everyone reading is male. :p)
I guess you or rather we can assume he the very lucky few.. Nice catch.. And who says gurly arent good fisherman

Speaker73

Premium Member
Supporter
My wife is NOT reef safe! So if you ever meet her be sure to tell her that frags are only $5 and I won the inferno with a $5 raffle ticket....Lol

Been waiting out for the past few years for a Reef Babe.... These Basic girls just don't understand the hardcore hobbyist and I don't make enough money to keep 'em happy and feed the addiction.. bahahah

zigginit

the problem with my wife is she loves my hobby because I spend money somehow means she gets to spend money too.... that's does not sound right but I think you know what I mean. I mean how many shoes and purses do you need! but then she says how many stick things do you need. :)

toomuch420

Premium Member
Supporter
All the comments had me laughing .
My gf is reef safe with caution cool with lfs
Fish crap all over
Feedings
But I gotta try Skimmer cleaning idk yet.lol

mark.a.smith405

Premium Member
Supporter
My GF loooooves the tank. Doesn't mind all the fish stuff layin around, the skimmer smell, the lights, the heat the aquarium adds, the noise... Actually she likes all of it (maybe not the skimmer smell). IMO a good woman will like that you put that much care and recieve that much enjoyment from puttin In that much time and effort into something you care about. These traits should be important to people (men and women ).

My GF I would consider reef safe. I even had her put a new coral in the tank this morning we got from AQM. Hope she did a good job acclimating. Stupid acan is really cool buy a bit spendy...

Latest posts