Can I see your pico tank?

So I think I would like to set up a small pico tank for fun. Not sure yet if I want to set it up at home or at work. I know that the smaller the tank, the tougher it is to keep things stable. Small changes that normally would have no effect on a large tank can really alter the chemistry of a pico.

I am hoping to see pictures of how the tank is scaped and or equipment lists. Also recommendations for a tank type between 2-5 gallons and a stocking list. I am sure we have a few picos around here. They don't have to be tank of the century quality to post. Thanks in advance for any information.

Tangwich

2020 Philanthropist
you hear that noah [MENTION=6904]Zoarder[/MENTION], james want to pico your culo....ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun noah, ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun, he's trying to pico ur culo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

solitude127

Instant Ocean User
Supporter
Featured Reef
2020 POTM
When I had my pico tank, the hardest thing was the evaporation. I had a JBJ pico and it was tough because it would evaporate maybe 1/2 gallon over the weekend. I'm sure there was huge salinity swings.

you hear that noah [MENTION=6904]Zoarder[/MENTION], james want to pico your culo....ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun noah, ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun, he's trying to pico ur culo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
no habla espanol. I just wanna see some picos...

Tangwich

2020 Philanthropist
[MENTION=3562]lurking[/MENTION]
pico in spanish means poke....which reminds to remind noah.....ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun noah, james want to pico ur culo....ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunnnn...

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

[MENTION=3562]lurking[/MENTION]
pico in spanish means poke....which reminds to remind noah.....ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun noah, james want to pico ur culo....ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunnnn...

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
chale. no pico his culo. serio pedo

cymaster007

Ex-Socal Resident (IEMAS)
Supporter
My Tank Build
4g pico tank- i put in one of those mini float switches in the back and hooked it up to an aqualifter for ATO- i made the LED light, and a mini skimmer for it. Its been up in my office now for 4 months

My old 2g pico in the Torrance office-

Had ATO by a timer w/ aqualifter. Retrofit the LED light w/ some blue crees

very nice thanks Cy! You are growing sps in there? Are you just manually dosing? How often do you change the water? last question...homemade skimmer? pics and can you elaborate?

4g pico tank- i put in one of those mini float switches in the back and hooked it up to an aqualifter for ATO- i made the LED light, and a mini skimmer for it. Its been up in my office now for 4 months

My old 2g pico in the Torrance office-

Had ATO by a timer w/ aqualifter. Retrofit the LED light w/ some blue crees
is that the tank i gave you as a going away present?
looking good keeping sps like a boss :)

cymaster007

Ex-Socal Resident (IEMAS)
Supporter
My Tank Build
very nice thanks Cy! You are growing sps in there? Are you just manually dosing? How often do you change the water? last question...homemade skimmer? pics and can you elaborate?
Yes SPS only 2 pieces right now- no dosing yet, just a 30% water change every week (about 48oz) wont have to dose until it gets quite a bit bigger. then I will just manually dose, should only be a few ml per day. I plan to keep it bonsai and trim it down to about tennis ball size. The rest is softies & lps.

I copied this skimmer design, and built the same thing w/ acrylic tube, some rigid tubing and a wooden airstone.
[/URL][/IMG]

is that the tank i gave you as a going away present?
looking good keeping sps like a boss :)
Yes, it has been amazing! Ive gotten tons of compliments, one of the coolest pico tanks- thanks again for hooking it up
LIKE A BOSS! Lookin good dude.
Thanks!