What happened to CFM?

Where did it go? It's been two years since the Fullerton show! That was the best coral show in CA, in my opinion. So anyone know what happened?

Six2seven

Premium Member
Supporter
it was in Ontario the year before and then moved to Fullerton. last year was in the san Fernando valley. no word on anything this year so far.

I just loved the atmosphere. It was very chill and laid back and friendly. It was where I caught the red bugs for the first time, but it was still an awesome show! Haha

the last one in Sylmar was not very good and I heard that ppl were waiting in Ontario when they should of went to the Sylmar campus I sold more to vendors no one showed up and they promised to hook it up on the next show but was never contacted again not too happy if any one has tyree's contact info pm me thx cause we have tried a few time to get in contact with cfm but was unsuccessful

Last edited:
I think the last legit show might have been the Fullerton one, but it was smaller than the previous year in Ontario.

And CFM is Coral Farmer's Market.

johnwin84

Premium Member
Supporter
I know Steve and Art personally. They were barely making enough just to cover cost. Supposedly they are having one in the bay area or something like that.

lowbudget

Premium Member
Supporter
the last one in Sylmar was not very good and I heard that ppl were waiting in Ontario when they should of went to the Sylmar campus I sold more to vendors no one showed up and they promised to hook it up on the next show but was never contacted again not too happy if any one has tyree's contact info pm me thx cause we have tried a few time to get in contact with cfm but was unsuccessful
You were there I was there too I made fist full of cash from vendors and walkin customers I always did great at cfm. It so much more of a chill show compare to the other ones.

Last edited:

Six2seven

Premium Member
Supporter
yea the CFMs were way better in my opinion. Feels like were all hobbyists in there and no drama. I didn't go to the one in Sylmar.

pgr11

Supporter
Love the cfm shows!!!!!! Out of all the shows we have I always spend the most at cfm simply because the deals are AWESOME and the atmosphere is so relaxed. I did not attend the Fullerton show because it conflicted with other plans but want so bad to have another.

lowbudget

Premium Member
Supporter
Love the cfm shows!!!!!! Out of all the shows we have I always spend the most at cfm simply because the deals are AWESOME and the atmosphere is so relaxed. I did not attend the Fullerton show because it conflicted with other plans but want so bad to have another.
Cfm was the first time Chris gave me a reach around. And Jamie would give me a stare down after.

I went to cfm in Sylmar last time. I liked it better than rap (and not just cause it was a ten minute drive versus an hour and forty minute drive).

I hung out with Steve a few times last week. He lives in Dallas so distance is an issue and he's got a few events that he has to host in the other side of the country. So he's booked. CFM last time bombed because of location, key planners, and political hostilities with the school.

He did mention to me if ANYONE is MOTIVATED and ORGANIZED to set up and plan a future CFM, do it and contact him if they need any advice. He's super opened to helping out and giving advice on events that promotes the hobby well.

I hung out with Steve a few times last week. He lives in Dallas so distance is an issue and he's got a few events that he has to host in the other side of the country. So he's booked. CFM last time bombed because of location, key planners, and political hostilities with the school.

He did mention to me if ANYONE is MOTIVATED and ORGANIZED to set up and plan a future CFM, do it and contact him if they need any advice. He's super opened to helping out and giving advice on events that promotes the hobby well.
How big of a venue is needed to pull something like this off

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

How big of a venue is needed to pull something like this off

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Real question is, how big is the ego the person/people who wanna make it happen???.. haha..

... I don't have a clue... locations means everything. Schools are good and bad choice because they have auditoriums that can handle the capacity but you also got the tree huggers students and facilties that will throw a fit cause they're blaming us for our involvement in destroying the reef...blah blah blah..

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4