Adding new fish to community help...

trojan_48

Premium Member
Supporter
I've always wanted to add a small/jueve Chevron Tang.. Currently I have 2 small yellow tangs 1.5-2" that has been in for a month. I also have a pair of clowns, flame angel, six line, and a blenny. Any way I can add them without changing rock scape or taking out fish?

Thanks in advance!

Speaking from experience< having more than one tang ( Yellow, Sailfin, Leutenant, Purple ) Its Hit and miss, I had also had a kole tang in there and it was crazy when the kole tang was in there. Finally i removed him because everyone els seemed ok with eachother and BAAM everything was good. They still fight a bit from time to time but im happy couse i have my Purple tang and he was the last one added. It also Depends on your tank and if you have the room for them. If you can you should add 2 at ones and try using an acclimation box. The acclimation box really helps.

trojan_48

Premium Member
Supporter
I have a Ned trap I can use as a acclimation box. I have 100gal so I'm thinking of adding a chevron and kole. So with your experience (minus the kole incident) its 50/50? Chevron and kole would be about same size as yellow. Didn't want to get larger due to me wanting the chevron jueve color

What you add is really up to you. But it can go ether way. But if you add 2 at ones it's better odds because the 2 you have now won't just be picking on one. But if you get acclimation box I say your chances are way better.

trojan_48

Premium Member
Supporter
Sorry Med fish trap. And ok, got it. I hear mix things on a QT tank.. Some say it stresses fish out more and others swear by it.. Thoughts?

Latest posts