Need help to identify a wave maker that goes on 1 thick acrylic sheet.

Need help to identify a wave maker that goes on 1 thick acrylic sheet.

I have a 540g tank thats built with 1 acrylic sheets. Need your help to find a wave maker whose magnet is strong enough to stay on it and powerful enough for the tank size. Its peninsula style tank so Im okay to have two wave makers. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

djrice69

SocaliReef M0DERAT0R IG Farmedfrags
Staff member
2020 Philanthropist
Supporter
Tunze have strong magnets

joseserrano

2020 Contributor
what are you keeping in the tank? That will make a big difference of what you want to be looking at. If it is just to increase water movement (not for radom flow like reef tanks prefer), you could do a return pump with a spray bar

what are you keeping in the tank? That will make a big difference of what you want to be looking at. If it is just to increase water movement (not for radom flow like reef tanks prefer), you could do a return pump with a spray bar
Only doing. FOWLR tank. No corals.

Return pump in the DT with a spray bar? Never seen that before...., got a picture to show how that looks in a tank?

I used to have an acrylic tank with 1 thickness. Mp60 held on just fine. Also used the larger tunze magnets, they barely held on so I would use zip ties to help secure them. The older style tunze magnets are stronger and those should work

[MENTION=3628]BeanMachine[/MENTION]

mp60, maxspect gyre xf280 both work. gotta sticker hang the mp60 tho, magnet's just barely strong enuff. gyres are totally secure.

i have both on a 1" thick acrylic tank.

[MENTION=3628]BeanMachine[/MENTION]

mp60, maxspect gyre xf280 both work. gotta sticker hang the mp60 tho, magnet's just barely strong enuff. gyres are totally secure.

i have both on a 1" thick acrylic tank.
Doesnt gyre also use magnet? Is it stronger than the mp60?

Only doing. FOWLR tank. No corals.

Return pump in the DT with a spray bar? Never seen that before...., got a picture to show how that looks in a tank?

A long piece of pvc with holes drilled down the length of it.

reefes pieces

Premium Member
Supporter
Why not just up the power to your returns? Maybe add sea swirls for random flow. Fowlr shouldn't need that much flow to support fish as long as the given flow is used properly. Tunze also has pretty cool rock features to hide pumps within the structure. I think that would give you the best look for a tank.

Latest posts