Moving again and i need some help this time...

I have the pleasure of moving my house yet again! I am getting really tired of moving tanks but what do you do... SO, here is the situation. I need some advice with the red flat worms that are taking over my tank. I have had these for a while, but now they seem to be just dominating my tank. I doesn't seem that they are really messing with the sps but i do have zoas disappearing on me. What would you guys suggest i do to get rid of these pests? I felt like this is the perfect time to tackle this problems because i am going to take all the coral, rock and fish out for the tank move any ways. I would just get new rock and start over but i really like my rock structures! Can i dip the whole structure because some of my sps is encrusted on there. Aside from this i need a couple of guys and suction cups to help me move the tank in the next week or so.I can pay if needed, beer and pizza would be provided as well. I am considering purchasing a new wooden stand because i just do not want to skin this thing by my self. Any stand builders that can build be a new stand or skin this pm me!

I am including pictures of the tank and stand so builders can get an idea what we are working with. Information and help is much appreciated guys! Cheers and happy reefing!

Use one piece of stocking the stocking the ladies use... and then buy squid put inside and it will attract the redred flat worms... they can go in but can't come out

As far as moving from where to where? I have next week off and can assist if needed. Beer and pizza is my standard pay!

zigginit

Melanurus Fairy Wrasses eat flat worms very well so I hear. they look cool too. and fairly cheap. I have one but i never had flat worms. maybe that's why lol. I think he ate all the fire worms too. :) I never see any worm of any kind after getting him.

As far as moving from where to where? I have next week off and can assist if needed. Beer and pizza is my standard pay!
Thanks for the offer for help michael! I am looking for my help on sdreefs.com and a couple guys are offering to help. I will be moving the tank when i can put together a couple guys that can help. I feel bad that i cant offer more than pizza and beer, but this hobby has so many genuine people that help others! The move will be from 3962 jewell st in pacific beach san diego to archer st. in pacific beach San Diego ca 92109. The move shouldn't be farther than 2 miles. I am going to try to set this up for fri or sat, thanks!!!

Melanurus Fairy Wrasses eat flat worms very well so I hear. they look cool too. and fairly cheap. I have one but i never had flat worms. maybe that's why lol. I think he ate all the fire worms too. :) I never see any worm of any kind after getting him.
For some reason wrasses like to jump out of my tank. I have a cover but the back 6 inchs by the overflow are not covered by those light diffusers from home depot and they find that spot all the time:(... Besides that, i have so many worms a wrasse cannot take them down i think. My rock is completely red in areas :(!

Use one piece of stocking the stocking the ladies use... and then buy squid put inside and it will attract the redred flat worms... they can go in but can't come out
I am going to do the stocking idea when i move and take out the water. As for the squid, i am not sure what you mean.... Joke?

Do a search. ..it's a bit more complicated than that...especially if you have a ton of them...
I have been doing a lot of research, i just want to see everyones take on tackling this during a move. Most of the posts are reefers with tanks that they don't plan on moving. I feel like now is the best time to take care of this, any input on this?

Dose the tank with intercepter I think that will take care of them and put wrasses that will eat them

Chris
I will try to track down a intercepter or use flat worm exit. I just need to make sure its ok to do the whole rock and it wont kill my sps... I plan on putting wrasses in after the move, they can hopefully take care of the worms that got through the whole detox haha.

BTW everyone, that colony in the front in a ASD rainbow milli but doesn't color up well with my radions. I am willing to cut a 1 inch frag for all those that help as well as purchase a endless beer-pizza supply. I just dont want any DUIs so if you live far, PLEASE make it a fun weekend in SD! :)

Man i have a love HATE RELATIONSHIP with this hobby!!!! Almost all my sps are stning from the move!!! I guess i need to purchase some NICE frags off you guys. Send me PMs with acros for sale, frags or colonies! NO BROWN STICKS PLEASE...

Latest posts