Jebao's new DCP series return pumps?

Id never trust a jeboa return pump again after having one fail as a return! Junk in my opinion

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

PBAF

Which generation of pump? I heard they have improved since the early models.

Any pump can fail, even the premium ones.

Guys are daring just wait when they fail and you loose all your livestock my eheim is 4 years + never had a issue

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Depends, some people have been very lucky!

it's a Jebao, unless you can start with Vortech money everyone has to try one. I tried one.. Worked well for 3 months, and now it works okay. Not dead yet, but it barely feels on compared to when it was new.. So that's the end of my Jebao trials.

As for returns? Way too important for me to try a Jebao there.. That's as big a risk as a HOB overflow box -- It'll work great until it doesn't.. And when it doesn't? Really big problem..

PBAF

My DCP pumps will be here on Friday.

I'll throw them in a barrel of freshwater and run them for a month.

PBAF

Saltwater and more time would be the true test.
Right. In the meantime, I will run them in the barrel regardless since my tank is not set up.

If there is a mechanical defect, I'd rather it become known before I plumb it into the system 1-2 months from now.

Not sure how many DC pumps are just re-purposed Jebaos motor block with proprietary controllers but, its a few...

I have replaced a few impellers and controllers from other DC pumps with Jebao parts off amazon.

innerspark

Premium Member
Supporter
I have gone through 2 of these on my tanks. 1 failed after 2 years, the next one failed after 6 months. I will never use them as a return pump again. That being said they are great for a mixing station :D

agree w/ not buying Jebao. I went through 2 return pumps (both lasting for about a year i think). Further, I've went through two sets of their wave maker pumps and these just recently failed w/in the last 2 weeks or so.

In my experience, it's actually the cheap *** controller that bites the dust.

For my return, I just went w/ the ecotech return pump which has thus far given me no problems. For wave maker, I went w/ the new Hydor pumps and have found them to be quite weak in terms of flow. I got the lowest model which is rated for something like 40-70g since it's my 30g frag tank. The output is lower than I would like and certainly less than the Jebaos. Still, if I were to replace, I'd probably just go w/ the higher model Hydors.

p.s. I used to promote using Jebao stuff. In some circumstances, yes, it's cheaper even if you have to replace them down the road but, for me, I just don't want to deal w/ the hassle / stress of coming home to a tank that hasn't been circulating for who knows how long.