Packing fish for travel.. oxygen?

Need to pack up my fish for a move. The trip will be 24-30 hours.

Was trying to find oxygen to pack the bags with... Would this work?

Burnzomatic Oxygen

I bought some oxygen tabs that I found on eBay and tried bagging up a chromis. It did more harm than good as the fish looked totally stress out after just 2 hours.

Any other suggestions?

solitude127

Instant Ocean User
Supporter
Featured Reef
2020 POTM
Maybe have a fish store bag them for you?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Thanks for the suggestion. That may work.. I can bring my fish to the lfs in buckets and have them bag it up.

Appreciate it!

Found an oxygen tank for cheap so will bag up the fish myself and add oxygen. Have a quite a few fish including some big tangs and figured this would be the safest bet.

solitude127

Instant Ocean User
Supporter
Featured Reef
2020 POTM
Found an oxygen tank for cheap so will bag up the fish myself and add oxygen. Have a quite a few fish including some big tangs and figured this would be the safest bet.
Try to keep the fish in as dark of a place as soon as possible to minimize their movement to minimize o2 use

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

d-man

Also if possible with bigger fish(tangs and angels) don't feed for a couple days first. Purge their system so they don't pollute up the water as fast. This is what online sellers do with them prior to shipping out.

reefking

Also if possible with bigger fish(tangs and angels) don't feed for a couple days first. Purge their system so they don't pollute up the water as fast. This is what online sellers do with them prior to shipping out.
good point