Is this more than ich?

GoBigGuy

Hi all,

My powder brown tang had a couple white spots yesterday and thought it was another case of ich but when I got home today he looked like complete crap. He is still eating but looks like this:

https://vimeo.com/128650284

Is this ich or something else?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's got some sort of parasite on him as well as other problems. If it were fresh water I'd say anchor worms. I would DEFINITELY get him into a QT as fast as possible. May not help, but saving the rest of the tank is more important now..

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but IMO it doesn't look promising...

[MENTION=8996]ndrwater[/MENTION] 's is solid advice. My buddy's xl blue hippo got the same thing or so it looks like the same thing.. kinda like a sea water version of ticks or something. We've yet to figure out what it is but he put copper in his entire tank seeing as it's fish only. 2 weeks later a lot of that stuff has fallen off and the holes left behind are healing up and he is a lot more active. None of his other fish got it. Best of luck.

Zoarder

2020 Philanthropist
Supporter
2020 POTM
Yeah that's a really bad case of ick... they get secondary infections and he might not make it by tomorrow...

Man that really sucks this is why i wont buy tangs there delicate and when they get sick like this its soo depressing looking at them suffer

Latest posts