Reef Dynamics Biopellets Reactor Review

So I got this used a few days ago...my current Next Reef biopellets reactor just clogged over time and it was a pain to refill with all the thumbs screws. It's very well constructed and rated up to 250 gallons. I figured it would be a good investment for a future upgrade. I was originally going to build my own, but after I saw Nick's build thread, I changed my mind. Even used, it was pricey, but I hope it meets my goal of low maintenance need.

I'll update you guys on how it tumbles once I set it up.

Nice! this is the one I would have gone with if I stayed with bio pellets. Maybe if i go back. Cant wait to see this review.

What brand pellets are you planning to run?
I still have the old biopellets from my next reef reactor. They're the EcoBak, not the newer ones, but the original. The seller also provided me with a bag full of biopellets that Reef Dynamic sells. Don't know much about them though.

Here's an update. I finally set up the reactor today. It was pretty straight forward. One hose feeds the reactor tank water from the manifold and the external pump churns the biopellets and recirculates the water. The water exits through a hose on the top.

The tumble of the pellets is controlled through the ball valve and the output of the reactor is controlled by a smaller ball valve on the top.

Here's a video of it churning biopellets...

They are expensive. Even used. I like this reactor because it is fully external which makes refilling biopellets and cleaning a lot easier. It has the john guest fittings which disconnect very easily for maintenance. The tumble is great and very controlled. You can even control the output of the reactor with another valve. Overall, I'm happy because this is going to help me maintain biopellets a lot easier than my NextReef Reactor.