Hydra leds any good?

So I'm looking to move from halides to leds. Last leds I had where Kessels they were great for softies and Lps but Coudnt keep SPS alive. I'm looking for something that's apex ready and hydra seems pretty promising. Anyone have experience positive or negative with hydra LEDs? Thanks!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have 2x hydra 26s growing my acros in a 36" 60g. They're excellent lights with great color spectrum control. The only thing I didn't like was the shadowing but besides that i loved them. I recently switched to T5s so I have the Hydras if you're interested.

Tangwich

2020 Philanthropist
Radion pros? Lmao

Just kidding bro, just bumping your thread so you can get more advice posts

Radion pros? Lmao

Just kidding bro, just bumping your thread so you can get more advice posts
Interesting.

The hydras are ok, but they're a bit outdated when it comes to the LED chips compared to the newer generation of lights now. My gripe with the AI's and Ecotech's are their use of reds and greens that are practically useless and create a disco effect. That and they use cool white leds that don't offer enough red spectrum (hence the addition of red leds).

If someone put a gun to my head and forced me to buy an exclusive LED only fixture, I'd buy a Radion Pro. I'm a big fan of the Nano Box LED fixtures; they have the best combo of LEDs, but they're really expensive and lack secondary optics.

Adam, I know we talked about this yesterday, but... I was at a LFS today owned by some guys I worked with back in the day. They have some 52's over one tank and the old SOL's over another. They gist of the convo was that the new Prime's are out and that the 52's are being phased out by AI. All the technology in the new Primes' will be introduced in new models coming out in............soon????
He really liked the AI stuff, but that said, he didn't do a lot of SPS. Just some food for thought...

Adam, I know we talked about this yesterday, but... I was at a LFS today owned by some guys I worked with back in the day. They have some 52's over one tank and the old SOL's over another. They gist of the convo was that the new Prime's are out and that the 52's are being phased out by AI. All the technology in the new Primes' will be introduced in new models coming out in............soon????
He really liked the AI stuff, but that said, he didn't do a lot of SPS. Just some food for thought...
Thanks brother yea that's my worry. I feel like the radions are always in. May just have 2 bite the bullet.

newe70

2020 Philanthropist
I have three Hydra 52s over my 100g Cadlights. My zoas are growing crazy and the sps are showing good pe. I have them for abt 4-5 months and finally I have dialed in the settings for my sticks. The sticks are responding really well under these three 52s. If you go with AI Hydra...I would recommend to go with the 52... I had three Hydras b4 upgraded to 52s.

Lol but no shimmer not sexy!!

Good point. But you don't have to guess with color to turn up or down etc. Just plug in and watch things grow. I'll take colorful corals over shimmers on brown poopoo any day :) just sayin

If it's within the budget then do both!