split anenome is different color

this anenome has split at least 5 times over several years. this split, happened over a month ago and looks nothing like the parent.
it was under a rock for several weeks and thought it might be lack of light and decreased zooxanthellae, but it has been in light for a week now. anyone seen this before?

20181014_122743.jpg

Maybe so, but having had them split multiple times before, this has never occured before. I actually like the white look of this one. I kind of hope it stays this way.

Maybe so, but having had them split multiple times before, this has never occured before. I actually like the white look of this one. I kind of hope it stays this way.
If it stays like that it will probably die. What you are seeing is the "true" colors of the anemone when it doesn't have any zooxanthellae.

Some of the splitting occurances are due to defect in the mother organism, and if it can get ahead of itself, it will split only what is "off."

Evolution in asexual organisms occurs in this way.

It might color back up, or it might have made a minor evolution.

Feed it plenty of phyto plankton as well as zooplankton just to give it those healthy omegas and aminos which its zooxanthelle need in order to stabilize its carbohydrate balance.

Very likely, however, it has just not yet colored up.

Another one next to it just split and the two babies look identical to the parent it split from. So , I am going with that this is a mutation. It may not be a beneficial or survivable mutation, we will see. It appears to be healthy and eats supplemental foods. I kind of like its look and hope it survives and remains this color. I will let you know as time goes by.

I think the fact that it came from under a ledge, and into your bright lights, makes more sense why it lacks color right now. Only time will tell. But it looks bleached, not a mutation.

Delfino Delights

Aquatic Displays and Design
It's just lacking lightning , imagine yourself coming out of a cave and never seen the sun it would take a while to acclimate. Anemone is having the same issue, just give it time if anything provide it with just a little bit more light and slowly bring it up to a higher par.

Latest posts