DorkyReef 22g nano build

Some updates. Finally winning the battle with GHA. Letting the tank takes its course for another two weeks then I'll start throwing in a couple softies. Lucky enough my RBA that I thought died was found attached to a rock inside my fuge. It's only a size of a nickel. I'm not even going to bother touching it or move it around. Hopefully it can recover and grow out.

Perform my first water test since the move. Not too shabby, beside being low on Mag and high on phosphate. I'll need to either get a new pH probe or try and calibrate the one I have since I couldn't get a good reading.

My Christmas gift to my reef tank:

I'm going to try the new coralvue k2-50 protein skimmer and dose some vibrant. As for the normal maintenance side. Got a new pH probe and filters for my ro/di and add an additional canister with a chrolramine buster. Also finally purchase a new wet side for my mp10w collecting dust for two years since I drop my wet side from cleaning.

I might need to make a for sale post and sell a few equipments I kept just in case I go with a bigger tank just to make up for the damage to my wallet.

Got my first new shipment in. Had my little helper to give me a hand, wasn't helpful at all lol.

New skimmer is super quiet but it has a small leak at the seam of the body where it cones up :/ I'll probably contact coralvue or apply some weldon solvent. I will also start using vibrant to help control my nuisance unwanted algae.

Atoll

Apex jr. can only help. Livestock.....Randall's, watchman, yasha, paired up with a tiger pistol shrimp. One of my all time favorites is a barnacle blenny. Very small, keep a bunch, and easy to feed without them creating too much waste. Purple firefish, and maybe roll the dice on a small small flame angle. porcelain crabs are cool along with scarlet crabs. Good luck and look foreward to more updates. Happy reefing!

Flash back Friday when my nano tank use to be my frag tank behind the 150g.

Frag Tank 2013

When I lived Glendale 2014

Bellflower 5months old

I'm gonna redo mine n add those gate valves n spray paint it. Clean pvc work dorkyreef

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm gonna redo mine n add those gate valves n spray paint it. Clean pvc work dorkyreef

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you, I wish I used a union ball valve instead of a balm valve and union after. Luckily my local plumbing store is down the street and I've only spent $12 on materials. Might go for version 3 in a few months haha.

Moved my controller away from my son and replaced my upper return line with silicone hose from BRS. Also made saltwater that should last me another month or so.