Quick Update

deaclauderdale

Addicted Reefer
My Tank Build

I'm debating on whether or not I should mount my Radio ballast to the bottom of the drawer to complete the clean look?? You'll see the vortech drivers and Apex controller mounted on the outside of the box (space conservation), and on the front of the box I'll be mounting an old iPod touch. Need to order the wire management off of Amazon, and then I'll start plumbing the system.

Reef keeping is life!

deaclauderdale

Addicted Reefer
My Tank Build
A little wire management done, and the ballast mounted to the Apex box. You can see before and after. Of course any critiques are appreciated.

Reef keeping is life!

deaclauderdale

Addicted Reefer
My Tank Build

Redid the wiring board a little while back. Changed from the drawer version under the stand to a more 'traditional' side mounted version.

Reef keeping is life!

deaclauderdale

Addicted Reefer
My Tank Build

New sump, ATO container, and dosing container. Received confirmation that my RODI was shipped, and I'm ordering salt from Foster's & Smith as I'm posting.

I still need to modify the plumbing to fit the new sump, but all-in-all in very pleased and equally anxious to get this baby wet.

Reef keeping is life!

deaclauderdale

Addicted Reefer
My Tank Build

She's getting wet! This is actually a leak test on the tank seems and plumbing. I'll be draining the tank after a few days then refilling and adding salt and sand.

Reef keeping is life!

deaclauderdale

Addicted Reefer
My Tank Build
Thanks everyone. Had stop filling her up last night as I fell asleep and almost flooded the wife's kitchen...lol

Back to adding the rest of the water today.

I'll be creating a proper build thread as well in the coming days.

Reef keeping is life!

deaclauderdale

Addicted Reefer
My Tank Build

Added a float switch to the overflow and connected it to the Apex as added protection against possible flooding.

My first coral, a SSC frag from Vivid Aquariums.

Reef keeping is life!

deaclauderdale

Addicted Reefer
My Tank Build
Thanks Goober and I can't wait either. It's been a 4yr hiatus so in stoked

Mike, Tanktoppers (now out of business) built the top for me, and I strung it myself with 10lb fishing line.

Reef keeping is life!

deaclauderdale

Addicted Reefer
My Tank Build
You're already adding sps?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep. Tanks been up for over 6 weeks and was cycled with Dr. Tims. The algae you're seeing came from when I added the rest of the sand that I had laying around. This tank will be 90-95% sps. The snails and lawnmower blenny are enjoying that bloom. Outside of that my numbers are great:

Ammon 0
P04 0
Nititre 0
Nitrate 1
Salinity 1.026

After my trip to Chicago in the coming weeks I'll be adding some sticks from Schnitzel, and and a few colonies from Vivid. At some juncture I'm going to raise P04 to around 2 and Nitrate to 3.

Reef keeping is life!

deaclauderdale

Addicted Reefer
My Tank Build
So I'm back from Chicago and I lost the SSC which I figured I would as its been stressed since I got it from Vivid. Nitrates were through the roof when I added, and it just never quite recovered. Ran some test today:

SG 1.026
Alk 7.56 dkh (Hanna)
Calc 490
Mag 1470
Po4 0.039ppm (Hanna)
NH4 0
NO3 2
NO2 0
Temp 78.7 (Apex)
PH 7.82 (Apex)

PH had been remaining stable at 8.1 over the last 4 days some I'm unsure of what caused the drop. I've repositioned my Vortechs to the sidewalls from the back wall as the sand disturbance was a bit much for me.

I'll some pics once my Photobucket stops acting up.

Latest posts