Moorish idol attempt

It's going on 2 1/2 months now that I've had this guy, colors look good-Yellow are bright, blacks are deep and no ich or anything on the fish. Streamer still hasn't grown, but the spine doesn't show. It's also starting to feed off of the LRS Reef Frenzy. The other day, I spilled a bit of it onto the front pane, and the MI was picking at the glass trying to get the food :)

Happy belated 2 month anniversary! (MI + u) aaah, the honeymoon phase.

Last edited:
Scott got a "reef safe" one from another hobbyist that had it for a couple years... its still doing well but it ate approx. $2,000 in high end scolys and meat corals.

If anyone has a fish only I know he is looking to rehome it to a largish tank. Pm me I can give you his info if your interested.

Scott got a "reef safe" one from another hobbyist that had it for a couple years... its still doing well but it ate approx. $2,000 in high end scolys and meat corals.

If anyone has a fish only I know he is looking to rehome it to a largish tank. Pm me I can give you his info if your interested.
Ouch....that sucks

Bump for a great informative thread!

Does anyone know how I could get a hold of John? I'd like to ask him a few questions on keeping his Moorish Idol.

Latest posts