Bigger is better

So... Saw that Age of Aquariums was blowing out a bunch of stuff, and decided to go down and take a look... Well, I bought something..
IMG_20170121_142901301.jpg

This is an upgrade for my wife's tank. Currently a 60 gallon, but the new to me one is a 120. Typical dimensions, 48" x24" x24". Gonna go in the same slot as the current little tank. Basically gonna use all the existing equipment from the 60 as everything was waay oversized anyway. Going to add another Radion for a total of 2 on this tank. Little tank already has 1. I really like the Radions and both tanks are controlled by Reeflink and running the same program.

This tank is/will be predominantly LPS with a couple of softies. Probably going to rather minimalist as far as scape goes. Going to use the existing rock from the 60 plus pull a few pounds from the big tank. If I can find some Tonga branch, I might add that too.

I think the Blue and Purple tangs in the current 60 will be much happier in their new digs.

As I get this upgrade going, probably gonna do an upgrade thread here .

theMerchant

Premium Member
Supporter
Congrats, let me know if you want a new metal stanf u just got built. I ended up with a different tank dim.
Brand new 46x36x36. The extra room inback for equipment. Let me know

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Congrats, let me know if you want a new metal stanf u just got built. I ended up with a different tank dim.
Brand new 46x36x36. The extra room inback for equipment. Let me know

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
Thanks but my stands are 42" high. With my 240 and this one, everything will line up nicely.

Well... Update time... Got the new stand built, got Radion #2 put the tank on the stand just to see if my carpentry skills were up to snuff and then the wife chimes in with "What is that?" ...... She was pointing an accusing finger to the bottom left corner of the front panel...

Sh!t..... Was what I said next........

Apparently I cracked the tank while transporting the tank from Age to my house... Wasn't there when I picked it up...

Fortunately, I know a few people in this industry, and have an appointment with the guys who make Visio tanks. They are gonna replace the front panel with Starfire and drill a couple holes in the back for me for returns. I had planned on drilling the tank myself, but figured while the guys at Visio have it, they can drill it.
So, now all I have to do is find the time to drive out there, and cough up the dough to get this thing fixed, wait a couple weeks for the work to be done, and THEN I can start to think about the swap from little tank to bigger...
Guess I have time to get the stand painted, new skin and canopy made... Apparently my ghetto fab Radion hanging kit over the little tank isn't up to snuff... Right James [MENTION=5085]newtothis[/MENTION]....

Glad I wasn't in a real hurry to get this done...... D@mnit...

Well... Update time... Got the new stand built, got Radion #2 put the tank on the stand just to see if my carpentry skills were up to snuff and then the wife chimes in with "What is that?" ...... She was pointing an accusing finger to the bottom left corner of the front panel...

Sh!t..... Was what I said next........

Apparently I cracked the tank while transporting the tank from Age to my house... Wasn't there when I picked it up...

Fortunately, I know a few people in this industry, and have an appointment with the guys who make Visio tanks. They are gonna replace the front panel with Starfire and drill a couple holes in the back for me for returns. I had planned on drilling the tank myself, but figured while the guys at Visio have it, they can drill it.
So, now all I have to do is find the time to drive out there, and cough up the dough to get this thing fixed, wait a couple weeks for the work to be done, and THEN I can start to think about the swap from little tank to bigger...
Guess I have time to get the stand painted, new skin and canopy made... Apparently my ghetto fab Radion hanging kit over the little tank isn't up to snuff... Right James [MENTION=5085]newtothis[/MENTION]....

Glad I wasn't in a real hurry to get this done...... D@mnit...
Haha, yeah that hanging thing-a-ma-jig is off the charts..

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

You should check out the new tanks seaside just got it. Man I want that 180. [MENTION=5085]newtothis[/MENTION] hook it up man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While I am waiting for the 120 to finish being fixed, I surprised even myself and built the frame for the stand and got it painted. Still need to put the plywood floor in it, but I'll do that tomorrow at my shop..
Next up is building the canopy and skins to match the 240.
And..... Trying to decide if I really want to use the sump I had on the 60 with this build. It'd work, but I'm sure there is something better out there.. Just can't decide if I want to drop the dough ray me for a new one... That might turn out to be an expensive rabbit hole I'm not sure I want to venture down. 1487039237053-1438936763.jpg

EyeReef

Admin
admin
Supporter
My Tank Build
Great progress. Can't wait to see this tank get wet

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk