Aquaforest

I have been using aquaforest for a month and a half. It has slowly raised my KH from 8 to almost 13, I have a mixture of SPS and LPS and some torches anenomes. I here mixed info on KH. I am going to lower the amount to 100 ml. I have been dosing 150, per the instructions for my 90 gallon. It maintains my pH at 8.3 and calcium at 450, I have been adding 20 ml. Of magnesium every other day or so because it cannot seem to raise that to 1350
Thanks for any input

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

solitude127

Instant Ocean User
Supporter
Featured Reef
2020 POTM
I think alk levels depend on how much nutrients are in your water. For me, I like to try and keep my nutrients low (NO3 under 5 and PO4 around .02) and I try to keep my alk around 8. Anything higher in my tank, I start to get burnt tips. Keep an eye on your corals and they'll tell you if they like the Alk that high or not.

All Delight

I think alk levels depend on how much nutrients are in your water. For me, I like to try and keep my nutrients low (NO3 under 5 and PO4 around .02) and I try to keep my alk around 8. Anything higher in my tank, I start to get burnt tips. Keep an eye on your corals and they'll tell you if they like the Alk that high or not.
My same experience. My NO3 is 2 or less (usually zero). Even my alk hitting 8.5 some sps will start to pale out.

newe70

2020 Philanthropist
OP...have you noticed any grow and/or color from these AF supplements? What AF supplements are you dosing now?

adrianocampo

Premium Member
Supporter
Which aquaforest are you using? i started using it a few weeks back and i tested the alk in the new batch of water and it was exactly where it was supposed to be.. i think it was like 7.6 or something like that..

newe70

2020 Philanthropist
Which aquaforest are you using? i started using it a few weeks back and i tested the alk in the new batch of water and it was exactly where it was supposed to be.. i think it was like 7.6 or something like that..
Mind to share what you AF are u dosing? I have these on order; Coral A, B, E, V, NP Pro and Pro Bio S. Plannning on launching this program next week? Do you run zeovit rx with these AF supplements?

I am using the Component 1,2,3 and dosing 150 ml. Daily for my 90 gallon, nothing else

My nitrates are always almost nothing, my Phosphates Go from .02 to .06 before I do water change Every 3 weeks and add new GFO.

I'm full aquaforest (pro bios,np pro,A,B,E,V)for the last 5months, I use reef salt 10% bi weekly water change , 1+2+3+ @100ml on a 150gal(full sps tank) .. and my alk7.8\cal440\mag 1400have never been been more steady!! It's to the point I'm doing alk tests once or twice a week and testing all other parameters bi-monthly .. I used to test alk three or four times a week with two part and weekly full testing and still have calcium and mag swings ..a true balling method has made my life simpler in I love that , the balling method WORKS there is a reason most Europeans still use it today along with Kalk there both proven reef keeping methods .. what mag test kit are you using ?? If it's Red Sea toss is and bye a salifert ! Red Sea one drove me insane till I saw a ton of treads on bad mag tests ..

Last edited:

Latest posts