ecotech troubleshooting solution

After a month of numerous headaches, and multiple phone calls to Echotech customer service I finally discovered "ON MY OWN" how to link my reef link to my vertech M1 pump and both my MP 40's pumps.

Ecotech customer service tried to sell me 3 RF modules at $39.99 each total over $120 with taxes, because the "W" on my controllers were not lit (light was off), so i tried to hard reset all pumps and could not, i couldnt even control the speed.

So after I googled 'how to factory reset vortech mp 40" I stumbled on how to shut down pump by holding "Mode+Set button until red white and blue were lit, then holding down power button to shut down pump, after that I held down power button again to power back up". Then and only then was I able to do a factory/Hard reset, after that the "W" on controller turned on.

Then I was able to link my reef link, very fast, finally, And NO I DIDNT HAVE TO PURCHASE 3 RF MODULES NOR DID I EVEN CALL ECOTECH CUSTOMER SERVICE!

Just wanted to share just in case my fellow reefers were having the same problem. OH yea you cant google "how to reset vectra pumps" but its the same way as MP 40's Happy Reefing

Nothing on YouTube? Heck, I know how to break into fort Knox and not get caught. Getting out is the hard part.

Latest posts