Pearly Jawfish Spots on Skin?

I presumed my pearly jawfish was dead. I haven't seen him eat in 2 months and then disappeared for 2 weeks only to pop up again. He hasn't left his burrow for 2 months until today when he came out. I assume he is looking for another home, but he looks like he's in bad shape.

When looking at him I think I can see some of his ribs since he hasn't eaten and there are some spots on his body. They don't look like ich, but they look bigger than what i think ich spots are. I tried to take a picture of him.

All other fish seem to be eating well and are fine. Other fish are pink streak wrasse and helfrichi. The cleaner shrimp was investigating him, but then backed off. I'm worried the shrimp might take an early lunge at him.

I also tried feeding some mysis shrimp to him, but didn't even try to eat.

Any thoughts? Should I take him out and quarantine him? If I did what medications should I use?

Not very good pics, but best I could do

if you take him out he mihgt not have to compete for food and recover. I'd soak food in garlic.

Does he have a burrow? They can get stressed out if they don't have a place of their own. I always dump food by my Pearly's burrow because it gets easily startled by bigger fish.

he left his burrow. he was hiding in his burrow for 2 months and never came out. this was the first time ever and he's totally out.

i would dump food by his burrow, but i haven't seen him actually eat anything for those 2 months either. he's eating something... but nothing i offer or can see in my presence.

i'm just worried that if i take him out he could get more stressed and die

Latest posts