Aquamaxx Cones Q2 Skimmer not working !

I bought this Skimmer 4 months ago, and have always had to adjust it/turn it off whenever my waterm level in sump changes, when I dose certain supplements. NOW it has been a week and cannot get the bubbles low enough to put collection cup back on, it just overflows! I cleaned Skimmer completely and no help. My water level in sump is 7 1/2 inches (recommended is between 7 an 8 ). Has anyone else experienced these problems ? Can anyone give me some help/ ideas ? I just emailed Aquamaxx also. Kinds done, and about ready to change Skimmers !

I bought this Skimmer 4 months ago, and have always had to adjust it/turn it off whenever my waterm level in sump changes, when I dose certain supplements. NOW it has been a week and cannot get the bubbles low enough to put collection cup back on, it just overflows! I cleaned Skimmer completely and no help. My water level in sump is 7 1/2 inches (recommended is between 7 an 8 ). Has anyone else experienced these problems ? Can anyone give me some help/ ideas ? I just emailed Aquamaxx also. Kinds done, and about ready to change Skimmers !
What supplements? I have this problem when I dose chemjclean for almost a month afterwards..but that's going to happen with any skimmer

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

the water outside the skimmer has to be consistent and never fluctuate in height... supplements do that... but try to cut down on the supplements... you might be over dosing since the skimmer is over flowing and such...

Can you measure from the bottom of the skimmer to the water line and let us know what that measures out to?

7 1/2 inches, I dose Dr. Tims waste away once a week, 20 ml. Of mag every few days, all buffer 20 ml every other day, calcium 40 ml every 5 days roughly

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

You can also raise the skimmer up. I have a co-2 that runs in a out 5 inches of water perfectly fine. But the water level is constant.

Open up the gate valve all the way. If the foam is still too high you can loosen the skimate container to let water out the side of the neck. I've had a similar issue when power outages cause the skimmer to dump a lot of skimate into the tank.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

how big is your tank...? why do you dose waste away...? do you have a ton of fish...?
I don't have a lot of fish only 8. I I had dinoflagellates and I still have diatoms kind of bad so I was dozing dr. Tim waste away for that to control the dinoflagellates and get rid of the diatoms I'm probably going to stop doing it as I got a better cleaner crew to take care of the excess algae problem

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

bsme

Put a plastic airline valve into the skimmer air intake line. Use the valve to lower water level in skimmer. Whatever is causing the reaction will be skimmed out in a day or so. You need to figure out a way to keep the sump water level consistent or you will always be adjusting skimmer.

Smite

Premium Member
Supporter
2020 POTM
I had raise my skimmer much higher than recommended and still have it on the lowest possible setting.

Have you tried covering the air intake tube then releasing it? Sometimes that can clear a small clog. Or pulled the tube and check there's no gunk in there? When mine is plugged it overflows like crazy.

Try to let it reslime. After a vinegar bath my q3 bubbles up like crazy, to the point where it overflows. I just let it overflow until it slimes up again. After it reslimes it pulls mate like he'll. Don't worry, this is normal. It'll take u a week or 2.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Latest posts