Never shipped before...help!

Dgelz

Premium Member
Supporter
Hi all, I sold a couple pieces and need to ship them to 70518 today. FedEx overnight priority next day by 12. I've never done this before and want to make sure I do things properly. I've got boxes I've saved from previous deliveries. Styrofoam inserts, etc. anything special I need to do to make sure it gets there safely? Any shops want to help a guy out?
Contents: two chalice frags.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zoarder

2020 Philanthropist
Supporter
2020 POTM
Tomorrow is Saturday... make sure you get Saturday delivery which is pricey BTW.

lowbudget

Premium Member
Supporter
Small box. Two single eye chalice frags on one plug

you will need one big enough for a heat pack make sure the heat pack doesnt touch the bag of water. i would rather ship in a bigger box. cause heat pack uses o2 to warm up.
open the heat pack it take some time to heat up. tape the heat pack to lid but make sure to let it breath. news paper around the frag and seal it tight. whatever air you have left will keep the air warm. hope you have a nice box thats well insulated. looks like a high price chalice. good luck. btw when you pack the coral you could use piece of bag inside the to keep the chalice from moving around. also when using bag bacg it loosly a tight bag + pressure will pop the bag. i think thats what happen to one of the bag i shipped to cylix. good luck

Tangwich

2020 Philanthropist
you will need one big enough for a heat pack make sure the heat pack doesnt touch the bag of water. i would rather ship in a bigger box. cause heat pack uses o2 to warm up.
open the heat pack it take some time to heat up. tape the heat pack to lid but make sure to let it breath. news paper around the frag and seal it tight. whatever air you have left will keep the air warm. hope you have a nice box thats well insulated. looks like a high price chalice. good luck. btw when you pack the coral you could use piece of bag inside the to keep the chalice from moving around. also when using bag bacg it loosly a tight bag + pressure will pop the bag. i think thats what happen to one of the bag i shipped to cylix. good luck
lowbudget with a helpful honda moment? what's this world coming to?

I always tie the bags tight, and double bag. Aren't the cargo areas on planes pressurized? I also float the frags, not lay them in the bags, unless they are large pieces. I also put a trash bag into the insulated box, before I put the coral in, and tape it shut, in case a bag breaks, it won't deactivate the heat pack. Heat pack on the lid, and newspaper over the top of the bags.

lowbudget

Premium Member
Supporter
I always tie the bags tight, and double bag. Aren't the cargo areas on planes pressurized? I also float the frags, not lay them in the bags, unless they are large pieces. I also put a trash bag into the insulated box, before I put the coral in, and tape it shut, in case a bag breaks, it won't deactivate the heat pack. Heat pack on the lid, and newspaper over the top of the bags.

ok i miss typed. tie bag tight. so water do come out. but keep the bag loose. good points matt i forgot to mention thumbs up. dang you are a pro at this.

Dgelz

Premium Member
Supporter
Will I need a heat pack to ship to Louisiana? I plan on using my food saver vacuum sealer to bag the chalice. Good idea? Here's a pic of the box with a bottle cap (on the counter) roughly the same size as the frag plug I'll be shipping:

Dgelz

Premium Member
Supporter
Seriously, thanks to everyone who helped out with suggestions today. I got it taken care of and will find out tomorrow morning if everything made it ok.

Dgelz

Premium Member
Supporter
Everything arrived perfectly. Here's what he texted me, "Rainbows look sick b..." So that means good, right, b?

I might have to do it again Monday if the others sell.