Any acrylic scratch removers out there?

Dgelz

Premium Member
Supporter

Man, I'm tired as hell trying to get these scratches out of this frag tank. I've spent an hour on it, got out the bug ones, but left a bunch of new fine ones. Who can I pay to do this for me? Screw it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From the looks of it. Those scratches won't come.out with a liquid acrylic polish. Youll Need to use wet sandpaper first

if you're doing complete tank. Start with wetsand paper grit # that will remove the deepest scratches. Sand perpendicular direction of the scratches and do whole panel. Once panel is sanded original scratches should have been sanded down. Rinse panel off of any grit and acrylic dust. Go to next grit # up and sand whole panel perpendicular to the scratches made from first sanding. Continue process till you reach 2000 grit. Then start using acrylic polish. Definitely a weekend project

I just finished a frag tank for a buddy of mines. It took a while to get a good routine down. They do make acrylic scratch temover kits that come with a foam pad and different grits. From 400 to 20000.

If recommend using a firm foam pad to get an even buff.

I started with 800 focusing in the heavily scratched areas,
Then i did all panels, both the inside and out side evenly in a horizontal stroke, followed by a vertical stroke using the foam pad with sandpaper to buff the surface evenly.
I did this from 1500 to 20000 grit.
After, i hit it with nuvo #3 for deep scratches then nuvo #2 for the fine scratches.
The Outcome ;

Pm me if you have any questions.

lowbudget

Premium Member
Supporter
wow 20000? how does 20000 feel. never knew there were 20000. not doubting you but i learn something new today.
that friend of your doesnt have to be i got corals. hahahaahh

I have a wet sand paper and novus remover scratches and acrylic buffer I use for small tank works amazing you can have if you want. A kit almost new frag are welcome but no necessary.

wow 20000? how does 20000 feel. never knew there were 20000. not doubting you but i learn something new today.
that friend of your doesnt have to be i got corals. hahahaahh
Yeah, i didnt believe it until i saw it either. It feels like an eraser @ 20000. Its hard to find wet sand paper at high grits. You have to look around for specialty wood shops that have them.

I just finished a frag tank for a buddy of mines. It took a while to get a good routine down. They do make acrylic scratch temover kits that come with a foam pad and different grits. From 400 to 20000.

If recommend using a firm foam pad to get an even buff.

I started with 800 focusing in the heavily scratched areas,
Then i did all panels, both the inside and out side evenly in a horizontal stroke, followed by a vertical stroke using the foam pad with sandpaper to buff the surface evenly.
I did this from 1500 to 20000 grit.
After, i hit it with nuvo #3 for deep scratches then nuvo #2 for the fine scratches.
The Outcome ;

Pm me if you have any questions.
i was just about to say i saw you doing one the other day... good stuff...

and yeah, i have some 20,000 sandpaper... to buff gold, some fine woods and crystals... same stuff that the buffers on girl's nail sticks have... LOL...

i was just about to say i saw you doing one the other day... good stuff...

and yeah, i have some 20,000 sandpaper... to buff gold, some fine woods and crystals... same stuff that the buffers on girl's nail sticks have... LOL...
Yup, thats the tank i was buffing when you came by. Im sure you have one of those nail sticks for when you do your nails [MENTION=2546]gumbii[/MENTION] :)

Dgelz

Premium Member
Supporter
Took the tank to Brian igotcorals today. I'm sure it will turn out nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk