Looking for new skimmer advice!

adrianocampo

Premium Member
Supporter
Hey all!

Alright so i've been out of the loop as far as new equipment this last year and a half or so.
I'm looking for a new, more efficient skimmer for my 90 gal mixed reef tank with a decent sized fish load

Currently using a Diablo, not sure which one, Might be a XS 160? but the sucker is noisy! and seems like its gotten louder over the years.

Any suggestions on a good skimmer that wont be tooooo harsh on my wallet. I'm willing to spend, but still trying to get the best deal ya know!?

Thanks everyone! hope to get some helpful advice!

lowbudget

Premium Member
Supporter
most bang for your buck is a aquamax. how big is your tank? do you want an internal or external. what is your budget

Last edited:
I had the same Diablo and switched to skimz. I've never been happier. Whisper quiet and outperforms my old reef octopus skimmers. Check them out at BRS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Atb is awsome ill never use anything else but vertex is good and bubbleking all very expensive but ogfrenchhorn has a couple bad a $$ skimmers for sale you should hit him up

pgr11

Supporter
Maybe. But knowing my luck I'll have it a week and one of the motor blocks will go out like [MENTION=4792]pgr11[/MENTION]
I switched out the motor block and never looked back. I love my vertex 300!!!! You should definitely pick it up [MENTION=4195]Emac909[/MENTION] .

My Tank Build
I switched out the motor block and never looked back. I love my vertex 300!!!! You should definitely pick it up [MENTION=4195]Emac909[/MENTION] .
But I'm a broke a** bean and your the rich spaniard. So could u loan me the money mister money bags.

Latest posts