OG's 120G build

for the T5 bulbs mixed with LEDs, I'd go with 3 blue plus and purple. Look into the Geissmann Aquablue Azure to replace one of the blue plus. It's my favorite all around bulb. Similar to the Coral plus but with a little more blue.
Good call on the aquablue azure, Mike! I really like the color combination. Now I just gotta get reflectors to get more light in the tank.

Man! What a world a difference reflectors make!

Also got a new fuge light

And I had to change the plumbing for the refugium

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't like that the ballast didn't detach from the lights so I went and made a mod to it.

Before

During

And after

That is sick.

You know what. Previously, I hated fluorescent lights, and for the most part, I still do, but I am looking at this, and I think I might actually build 2 into my canopy. This is pretty darn sweet.

I'll probably just build the ballast box myself and look for a way to hide the wiring behind some insulated conduit and run it up the back of the tank.

That is sick.

You know what. Previously, I hated fluorescent lights, and for the most part, I still do, but I am looking at this, and I think I might actually build 2 into my canopy. This is pretty darn sweet.

I'll probably just build the ballast box myself and look for a way to hide the wiring behind some insulated conduit and run it up the back of the tank.
Thanks. I've had great success with LED but I want to try adding T5 to it to see what results I get. I got some black plastic wire loom to hide the wires. Once I measure out the length of each wire I'll stuff the wires in there.

Getting an algae bloom now. 14 day cycle is complete and I have an anemone,a few zoas, sps, lps, and 2 chalices in the tank with a pair of Banggai cardinals and 4 chromis.

I put the ATS online today. I set it up in the refugium

Getting an algae bloom now. 14 day cycle is complete and I have an anemone,a few zoas, sps, lps, and 2 chalices in the tank with a pair of Banggai cardinals and 4 chromis.

I put the ATS online today. I set it up in the refugium

this is an idea for me.... I could setup an refugium next to my sump. Nice set-up!

Good call on the aquablue azure, Mike! I really like the color combination. Now I just gotta get reflectors to get more light in the tank.
I have bnib reflectors for 54w t5 I purchase with my 4-bulb aquatic life retro fit kit. I have not use either one yet. I bought it from newegg last year for $45 shipped.

I have bnib reflectors for 54w t5 I purchase with my 4-bulb aquatic life retro fit kit. I have not use either one yet. I bought it from newegg last year for $45 shipped.
Wow that's a good deal! I did a google search and I only found the ones I got from Amazon for 25 each

Transferred my biggest Sps colony today and a few more pieces

The tank is finally getting over its initial algae bloom.

Made a few changes. I moved all the siporax to the filter sock area. I put a piece of egg crate to keep it in place.

I also added a gate valve so I can run a straight pipe in the overflow.

Got my order from 80/20 inc today so I got to hang 2 of the three Hydras. I got a few pieces coming in a couple days to take care of the wires but this is what I have so far

Here's what I'm using to hang the bar

Here it is in the canopy

And mounted

theMerchant

Premium Member
Supporter
How long was the panhead screws on the hydras? Just long enough lol. I like how you can slide them any where

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk