vibrant liquid aquarium cleaner

I might have to try this out. I've been using API algaefix which helped keep my gha from coming back but I do have some small patches of bryosis that's preventing me from adding more corals to my tank.

djrice69

SocaliReef M0DERAT0R IG Farmedfrags
Staff member
2020 Philanthropist
Supporter
I do notice slight red cyano on my sand I'm pretty sure it's bc of the die offs. I am Heavy skimming and running some poly filter pad to see what I pull out no gfo.

Smite

Premium Member
Supporter
2020 POTM
I ordered a 16 oz bottle. My rock is covered in bubble algae. My bubble algae is covered in cyano at the moment and i think that explosion is having an impact on my sps. I'll take pictures along the way and see if its working.

djrice69

SocaliReef M0DERAT0R IG Farmedfrags
Staff member
2020 Philanthropist
Supporter
I have a little bit of bubble algae in my sump area seems to be still in there. I'll wait and see if it works well for that too.

Calreef18

Didn't do anything for my cyano, the people were really helpful from the company but did not help the algae issue. Gave up after a month and a half when the bottle was gone.

theMerchant

Premium Member
Supporter
I noticed allot of my Macro algae (caulerpa) had died off in my sump and possibly causing a problem. I thought originally it was cyano, but after 2 days of chemiclean I still have this red 'algae' on the tips of SPS, rocks, LPS. So day 3 I took out any remaining macro and added some filter floss in the return to catch all the dead organics. I also took a risk and added another dose of Vibrant.
Pictures to follow later when I get home.

theMerchant

Premium Member
Supporter
I noticed allot of my Macro algae (caulerpa) had died off in my sump and possibly causing a problem. I thought originally it was cyano, but after 2 days of chemiclean I still have this red 'algae' on the tips of SPS, rocks, LPS. So day 3 I took out any remaining macro and added some filter floss in the return to catch all the dead organics. I also took a risk and added another dose of Vibrant.
Pictures to follow later when I get home.

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

theMerchant

Premium Member
Supporter
Sometimes all it takes is a 36 hour blackout period to knock it back. 1 total blackout on my system early on and I haven't seen signs of dinos since.
im going to cont to use Vibrant and turn off my sump and main lights. should I cover the tank also?

solitude127

Instant Ocean User
Supporter
Featured Reef
2020 POTM
I've been using this stuff on my temporary tank it's done wonders for my bubble algae but I have some red turf algae as well that I'm trying to get rid of. I did notice that my Digis got really pale. No real affect on LPS, zoas or my clam.

Smite

Premium Member
Supporter
2020 POTM
im going to cont to use Vibrant and turn off my sump and main lights. should I cover the tank also?
If you can't blackout the room it's in then I would cover the tank during the blackout. I taped those large black heavy duty trash bags together and hung them from my tanks light. Seemed to block most ambient light but still let some air in. Skim wet and ado some fresh carbon to pull waste and toxins.

Smite

Premium Member
Supporter
2020 POTM
Anyone seeing results from this yet? My bubble algae prob is so dense i think itll be some time before I notice it receding. What I have noticed are a massive amount of dead or popped bubble algae flying around in my display. It also seems clumps are getting blown off the rockwork easier. It seems like I'm seeing more rock but its hard to say for sure since my tanks so infested. I'm dosing 10ml per 100g on water change day and once 1/2 way through the week.

I'm gonna try and start taking pictures monthly to see if there is a visable difference. I'm also going to hit up CG for a fish net so i can start catching the debris thats flying around. I think that will give me a better idea of how much is dying off a day/week.

So far I lost a few astrea snails and had a cyano bloom after 3rd week dosing only 2.5mL onece a week. All corals are still happy with good PE. I think I'll stick with dosing once every two weeks. With weekly 5g water change.

theMerchant

Premium Member
Supporter
Anyone seeing results from this yet? My bubble algae prob is so dense i think itll be some time before I notice it receding. What I have noticed are a massive amount of dead or popped bubble algae flying around in my display. It also seems clumps are getting blown off the rockwork easier. It seems like I'm seeing more rock but its hard to say for sure since my tanks so infested. I'm dosing 10ml per 100g on water change day and once 1/2 way through the week.

I'm gonna try and start taking pictures monthly to see if there is a visable difference. I'm also going to hit up CG for a fish net so i can start catching the debris thats flying around. I think that will give me a better idea of how much is dying off a day/week.
How does your macro algae look like in the fuge?
I noticed a large amount of my calerpa die off whenI first dosed and now not growing as fast. I did a 3 day blackout to fight the dinos and it looks like I still have a few patches. My new bottle of Vibrant should be here on monday and I'll do the 2x a week also.

Yesterday I started the nano bubble treatment. Along with a reduced light schedule and Emperor Aquatic UV, I am hitting with anything and everything.

Smite

Premium Member
Supporter
2020 POTM
How does your macro algae look like in the fuge?
I noticed a large amount of my calerpa die off whenI first dosed and now not growing as fast. I did a 3 day blackout to fight the dinos and it looks like I still have a few patches. My new bottle of Vibrant should be here on monday and I'll do the 2x a week also.

Yesterday I started the nano bubble treatment. Along with a reduced light schedule and Emperor Aquatic UV, I am hitting with anything and everything.
I don't have a refugium on this system but my ATS has definitely slowed down.

Hopefully the UV + micros take out the patches of dinos for you.

Smite

Premium Member
Supporter
2020 POTM
So I've been dosing 1-2 times per week and weekly water changes. I've noticed a lot of bubble algae die off and am starting to see a dent in the stuff. I've also noticed that frags i've added since (on once live rock) havent gotten any new bubble algae growth. Those pieces of rocks are clean and prior to the use of vibrant usually exploded with bubble algae. I've added one of the foam covers to my mp40. Every other day its packed with die off/clumps that have broken loose and thats the only manual removal I've done so far. Here are a few pictures. I have SO much its hard to tell, but some sections are completely clear that were once affected/covered.

Picture taken 1.7

Similar picture from yesterday 1.28

With the way things are going i think that clump under the SSC will be gone in 2 weeks or so. The bubbles have turned translucent and will end up in my mp40 cover in no time.

1.7 The next section I hope will start to clear up. Looks pretty similar so I'll take a top down in a few more weeks.

Today this section is free of bubble algae. I'll look for a before picture of this section when it was infested but its never been clean like this.

Over all I am happy with the results so far. My inverts seem fine, fish unaffected. I think i'm battling STN due to my mini crash treating cyano too aggressively, some pieces are struggling with color. I lost a clam while away for the week but it was just about upside down so I'm thinking it fell over and that was enough to take it out. MY other maxima is fine.

I sent in a Triton test last week, that was a few weeks in. Im curious if anything shows up.

I'll refer to this post in a few weeks to better mimic shots.

Anyone still dosing and seeing positive or negative affects?

Latest posts