New Optix Optometry 300 gallon in wall reef tank

EyeReef

Admin
admin
Supporter
My Tank Build
Thanks it's getting there. Just waiting for tank to mature and stabilize before adding more expensive corals. Right now I have 6 lyretails, 3 barletts, a Harlem of hawaiian flames, lineatus wrasse, rhomboid wrasses, 8 line wrasse, goldflake and regal angelfish, blue tang,purple tang, dark tang?, leopard wrasse, cleaner wrasse, starry blenny, diamond goby, 4 Chomis, 3 pajama cardinals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

theMerchant

Premium Member
Supporter
I like how the stand has a large lip . I wish my dr has a tank .

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

EyeReef

Admin
admin
Supporter
My Tank Build
Looking real healthy. That sps colony in the back right is amazing.
Thanks! Next time you are in SD, stop by and I'll hook you up with a nice size frag

EyeReef

Admin
admin
Supporter
My Tank Build
Thanks guys. Just uploaded a better quality video. Sorry about all the stuff floating around in the water. Just fed the fish nori. That stuff goes in and out of their system very quick.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

EyeReef

Admin
admin
Supporter
My Tank Build
Picked up some inverts today. Did a 3 hr drop acclimation. Keeping my fingers crossed for the best

[MENTION=1]EyeReef[/MENTION], I'm curious...Is there more pressure maintaining a reef tank in a retail/business environment due to potential customer reactions? Or is this somewhat of a myth? I get self-conscious when I have guests over and my tank is dirty. lol Not sure how everyone else feels about it...

EyeReef

Admin
admin
Supporter
My Tank Build
Yes definitely! I have to usually stay late after work and come in on a Sunday to do maintenance. Keeping the glass clear of algae everyday is definitely a job in itself. There have been numerous times where I was unable to get around to it and the tank would look like the dentist's tank in finding nemo. Hah. But I wouldn't change it for the world. It's the center piece of my office and the patients love it.

EyeReef

Admin
admin
Supporter
My Tank Build
Thank you! I'll definite update this on a regular basis

Yes definitely! I have to usually stay late after work and come in on a Sunday to do maintenance. Keeping the glass clear of algae everyday is definitely a job in itself. There have been numerous times where I was unable to get around to it and the tank would look like the dentist's tank in finding nemo. Hah. But I wouldn't change it for the world. It's the center piece of my office and the patients love it.

I always wondered this as well. Do you have to put up any like do not touch or bang on glass signs?

EyeReef

Admin
admin
Supporter
My Tank Build
I always wondered this as well. Do you have to put up any like do not touch or bang on glass signs?

Fortunately the tank is about 4 feet off the ground. So it's out of reach for the Darlas of the world hah

EyeReef

Admin
admin
Supporter
My Tank Build
Ugh unfortunately non of the stars except the blue linkia made it. Even the fate is grim for the blue. He hasn't moved from the same rock he's been on for the past day

Zoarder

2020 Philanthropist
Supporter
2020 POTM
Ugh unfortunately non of the stars except the blue linkia made it. Even the fate is grim for the blue. He hasn't moved from the same rock he's been on for the past day

I never had luck with them. But I know of a fish store in culver city that has em for weeks at a time and been lucky with one blue. I did lose a red.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk