Custom Metal Fabrication - Stands and Light Racks

Spinner

Supporter
Aaron I need a light rack built to show off my Cannon's, Cebu Sun, and Sicce fixture's over my 8' DT. What do I need to do to get on your list and start this process for DESIGN and pricing?
Thank You,
Mace

sonnus

Premium Sponsor
Premium sponsor
We finally finished our light rack for our main frag tank. We've been woking on this thing for 9 months.

The light rack is designed so there is essential no glare from the lights when looking at frags. It ended up working out really well, we just need to get the Neptune hooked up and this project will be taken of the to-do-list. Also, the whole rack is "floating" from the ceiling so it has a neat look to it in person.

anyone looking for a nice light rack done quick, check out sps coral store. aaron's work is legit. ordered on sunday and i picked up the next day on monday. i was going to paint it but i really like how the light rack is exactly the same color of my ati fixture. now onto the pics.

This stand was made to look like an ADA stand. The entire frame was made out of aluminum with moisture resistant laminate skin.

I would like to know about getting a light stand like this and panels added to my existing metal frame stand. I also have an optional request to either widen my existing stand or expanding it for stability and a step. I'll be contacting you for sure.

xthunderx

Premium Member
Supporter
First and foremost, a big thanks to Aaron. The truth is that the attention to detail and the final product completely blew me away. If anyone is thinking about getting any work done from him, he does the best work. Period.

Here is the final product for my 84x30x24 Tank, super happy with the way it came out. The precision, the detail, and the planning that went into this thing is second to none. Any feedback is welcomed!

Enjoy the pics!

Front Full View - FTS

Front Full View FTS 2

Side View Radions On
L]

Side View Radions On 2

Top View Radions On

xthunderx

Premium Member
Supporter
The coverage is nice and even/very natural looking, I haven't taken any PAR readings, but I will as soon as finish setting everything up. As far as I can tell there is "zero" spotlight effect. I can't wait to get the MH online, but at this point I'm convinced that the MH is "supplemental" and the Radions could grow corals with the MH lights.

Thanks again Aaron, I can't thank you enough for making my vision a reality. :) All the extra detail you added clearly shows.

xthunderx

Premium Member
Supporter
One quick note, I focused on the rack for the most part which is why some of the pics may look dim inside the tank. The reality is that the lights are super bright and light up the tank quite well. I will try to take better pics of the inside of the tank, but the goal was to showcase the rack. If I focus the aperture on the inside of the tank, the light rack washes out and is overexposed in the picture.

Last edited:
Wow [MENTION=4342]xthunderx[/MENTION] Oscar that is amazing.
[MENTION=2872]sonnus[/MENTION] I saw Hugos tank today and stellar job on his as well. You really do some killer custom work.

RileysReef

Aaron, I'm sure you have a log of backlogged stands and tanks. I'm looking to build a small tank/setup for my daughters room. Please pm me when you have time.. thanks Darrell

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Latest posts