My Boys New Nano.

This is my boys first tank. It has been cycling since about april. Got the AI Prime yesterday for lighting. Per his request it is going to be a sea horse tank. The little sucker got a twin spot goby and the anemone yesterday for his first fish.

I'm using the I'M ghost skimmer but am having issues with it throwing to many micro bubbles. It is almost complete all that I have left to get is a ato. I'm thinking of getting the osomolater nano.

So far I like the AI Prime. The only prob is programming it. It does not have any presets and it's a pain to set a schedule, I gave up trying. If anyone knows how please let me know. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

very nice tank.
Regarding the AI Prime, do you use the controller or director to control the light?
I have been using the Eshopp nano skimmer, and it works very good. You can take a look into it also.

Hi cool tank. I'd like to point out, with the hope for a long hobby success for you and your son, that: 1. Anemones and anything else with stingers should not be kept with Sea Horses. 2. As a general rule, Anemones are not compatible with Nano tanks. Most will quickly get huge taking up most of the available space.
On Seahorses, hopefully you can find some captive bred H. Reidi or H. Kuda that are pretty hardy. Avoid the small black ones (H. Kellogii) that are common at less conscientious stores.
Seahorses need to be fed enriched/soaked food at least twice a day and are a pretty demanding pet. More info here: http://seahorse.com/care-sheets

Best of luck!

solitude127

Instant Ocean User
Supporter
Featured Reef
2020 POTM
i really don't really know much about seahorse but i have thought about trying to keep them. Always thought i'd start with tiger tails (h. comes) since they seem to be relatively inexpensive compared to other species.

If your going the route of seahorses. Hitching posts. You have an awesome set up, but please consider hitching post for them to wrap their tails. caulerpa prolifera, tonga branches, artificial colored corals, and especially gorgonians like the tan candelabra, purple candelabra have nice thick rods to grab and red tree sponges.

Also add color! H. Comes change colors!

Also, H. Comes are thought to be nocturnal. They are one of two species that are. Don't be surprised to find them chilling during the day. They are much more active at night!

Good luck! And welcome! Hit me, Jami, or Momo! We can help!

I like seahorses. I got nothing clever to say. Boo.

Nocturnal seahorses? I just learned something :)
Ha! Something else about tigertails. It's very very rate but pot belly seahorses and tiger tails have something in common. Cannibalism. Yes, again rare, but once they start, the parents will not stop the behavior and basically they end their line there. I could go in detail but... It's kinda gruesome. Anyhow, happy Thursday everyone!

I like seahorses. I got nothing clever to say. Boo.

Latest posts