hello everybody!!! thank to open this wedsite

Thanhluu

hello everone my name is thanh luu. i new in saltwater reef hobbies. i got 5 gallon nano tank. please help me. thank

i'm going to give you the best advice you'll ever get....

get a 120gallon tank as soon as you can....

you're welcome....

Nanos are the best way to go when first starting out imo. 5 gallons can go a long way with a little imagination.

My Tank Build
Nanos are the best way to go when first starting out imo. 5 gallons can go a long way with a little imagination.
See I say the complete opposite. Nanos are extremely hard to maintain stable water parameters. I've found out the larger the water volume the easier it is to maintain. When I had my 50 gallon I was constantly testing and checking parameters. Plus the fact I had to have chiller to keep the water temp in range. I was constantly loosing corals and fish do to the instability of the water. I never felt safe leaving my tank alone for a few days.
Then with my 180 gallon I felt that the temperature swings weren't as drastic and I ditch the chiller. I went to testing every other week cause the swings in parameters weren't as noticeable and I spent less time on maintenance.
Now with my 300 gallon I've only done 1 text in parameters this year and 2 water changes. The temp swing is only like 1 or 2 degrees between night and day. I really lose any corals or fish. I early spend anytime on maintaining, at most an hour a week and that's pushing it. My tank is running so well on auto pilot I feel it would b safe if I went on vacation for a week no problem, 2 or 3 if I had someone to come over and turn on my ro/di system once a week to fill up my auto top off drums. The only down fall to having a larger tank is the cost of keeping I running. I go through water filters quicker cause I use more water. Then it takes more electricity to run the tank properly.

See I say the complete opposite. Nanos are extremely hard to maintain stable water parameters. I've found out the larger the water volume the easier it is to maintain. When I had my 50 gallon I was constantly testing and checking parameters. Plus the fact I had to have chiller to keep the water temp in range. I was constantly loosing corals and fish do to the instability of the water. I never felt safe leaving my tank alone for a few days.
Then with my 180 gallon I felt that the temperature swings weren't as drastic and I ditch the chiller. I went to testing every other week cause the swings in parameters weren't as noticeable and I spent less time on maintenance.
Now with my 300 gallon I've only done 1 text in parameters this year and 2 water changes. The temp swing is only like 1 or 2 degrees between night and day. I really lose any corals or fish. I early spend anytime on maintaining, at most an hour a week and that's pushing it. My tank is running so well on auto pilot I feel it would b safe if I went on vacation for a week no problem, 2 or 3 if I had someone to come over and turn on my ro/di system once a week to fill up my auto top off drums. The only down fall to having a larger tank is the cost of keeping I running. I go through water filters quicker cause I use more water. Then it takes more electricity to run the tank properly.
+1 that having a bigger tank means a greater margin for error thus more forgiving for someone just starting out

hello everone my name is thanh luu. i new in saltwater reef hobbies. i got 5 gallon nano tank. please help me. thank
See I say the complete opposite....
Each have their points. Cost and time being big factors. With the nano, you can change the water every week, at minimal cost and probably be pretty fine. Also, doing all those checks on parameters is a great way to learn, without risking thousands of dollars and many lives in the process. Then let the hobby grow with you, organically, as you feel more interest and challenge.

Thanh, read the "CYCLE" sticky thread in the "Beginner's Reef" forum. That's your best start. And patience....