COT nation, we QT.

Zoarder

2020 Philanthropist
Supporter
2020 POTM
So after the last fiasco with cracky fish. I finally found a brand new 50 gallon AA tank which imma use as a QT for all my new high end fish. I finally finish! Took me 5 hours including building the stand. I'll post pictures tomorrow... just need to find a kessil so I can light it up!

So after the last fiasco with cracky fish. I finally found a brand new 50 gallon AA tank which imma use as a QT for all my new high end fish. I finally finish! Took me 5 hours including building the stand. I'll post pictures tomorrow... just need to find a kessil so I can light it up!
Maybe I missed it, but what's cot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

High end fish only lol? Cheap fish aka lower life forms get tossed right in?

Zoarder

2020 Philanthropist
Supporter
2020 POTM
Maybe I missed it, but what's cot?

Haha dont worry about it
quarantine...?? Not familiar with the term lol
You will soon buddy I was young and rebel once... lol
High end fish only lol? Cheap fish aka lower life forms get tossed right in?

Nope, only high end from now on it was a joke man imma QT everything! Dont matter what it is or where it came from.
Why not just use that ich concoction? Doesn't that negate the need for a qt?
Nope. QT works because I can observe the fish. I know if it eating, if its twitching or scratching and the #1 no stress or food competition. Their immune system boosts. #2 I love tangs and specially the ick magnets so there is no other way around it but to QT. The two I'm trying to QT is a white cheeks/poweder blue hybrid and an Achilles...

mark.a.smith405

Premium Member
Supporter
will you be QTing all of your other fish? Or are the new fish going into new tanks that have been fallow for long enough to allow for all parasites to die off? This is the predicament i am in. Dont wanna start over by removing all my fish! but unless i do the whole QT process is basically worthless as soon as i add my QTed fish into my existing system.

will you be QTing all of your other fish? Or are the new fish going into new tanks that have been fallow for long enough to allow for all parasites to die off? This is the predicament i am in. Dont wanna start over by removing all my fish! but unless i do the whole QT process is basically worthless as soon as i add my QTed fish into my existing system.
Do it, it's so worth it.

Zoarder

2020 Philanthropist
Supporter
2020 POTM
I already QT my fish in display. No symptoms of anything. So wanna keep it that way....

Tangwich

2020 Philanthropist
Good stuff noah...I am now back to enjoying the hobby after seeing all my current fish healthy and fully quarantined. I didnt think I had room for a qt in my tiny place..but that was until I got hit with cracky disease, then I sure made some room right quick. Lol

mark.a.smith405

Premium Member
Supporter
Nice! So is it a new display? Or did you leave it fallow for the time frame it takes to kill the parasite?

Also, if it is a new display and you used live rock from another tank or a friends tank, it could be there too! I would hate to see you go through all this trouble and have it be for not.

Latest posts