Amino Supplement

solitude127

Instant Ocean User
Supporter
Featured Reef
2020 POTM
I've been using Acropower. I was using Aquavitro for a while but the directions said to refrigerate after opening. I'd rather keep in my stand than in my fridge.

I just finished a small bottle of acropower but switched to kz because I was dosing 4ml of acropower a day and wanted something more concentrated. That small bottle of acropower lasted me about 1-2 month didnt keep track. Kz Im doing 2 drops a day. Its only been about 1 week with kz with results being close to acropower same amount of pe.

Btw one thing I am experimenting with is acropower says run skimmer as normal but kz is a lot thicker so Im trying it with and now Im doing skimmer off during the day and on at night. To see if theres a difference. Both amino was doser 30 mins before lights turn on Otw to work. Pretty much acropower can be on a auto doser and kz either u manual or not sure if this works but I was going to try but add to my auto top off calculated based of evaporation with a small ph in the top resovoire

I have been using Redsea reef energy A and B. I have great growth but color is not as vivid as it should. I am not sure if its the supplement or my light. I just started to increase my Radion to 55% from 51% and see

theMerchant

Premium Member
Supporter
Try
ZV Pohls Extra and ZV Coral Vitality
Helps with pale colors keep dosing your RS A B

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

reefes pieces

Premium Member
Supporter
Is your tank ULNS? No detectable nitrates or phosphates?
I have been using Redsea reef energy A and B. I have great growth but color is not as vivid as it should. I am not sure if its the supplement or my light. I just started to increase my Radion to 55% from 51% and see

Is your tank ULNS? No detectable nitrates or phosphates?
Yes, not by design but I only have 6 fish (2 are YT Damsels), its a 75 gallon tank, and only feed once daily. My NItrates and phosphate are not detectable using Salifert kit. I dose 5mL of each A and B twice weekly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

reefes pieces

Premium Member
Supporter
Like [MENTION=11086]theMerchant[/MENTION] mentioned Pohl's xtra special and coral vitalizer from Korallen Zucht will help bring your colors back and then some on your corals. That stuff is specifically designed for ultra low nutrient tanks.

As far as the algae on the glass, dosing some form of bacteria will help as well. There are nutrients in the tank, just not in your water column. As your tank matures with more beneficial bacteria, then you'll notice less algae growth on glass, sand, and rocks.

Yes, not by design but I only have 6 fish (2 are YT Damsels), its a 75 gallon tank, and only feed once daily. My NItrates and phosphate are not detectable using Salifert kit. I dose 5mL of each A and B twice weekly

Like [MENTION=11086]theMerchant[/MENTION] mentioned Pohl's xtra special and coral vitalizer from Korallen Zucht will help bring your colors back and then some on your corals. That stuff is specifically designed for ultra low nutrient tanks.

As far as the algae on the glass, dosing some form of bacteria will help as well. There are nutrients in the tank, just not in your water column. As your tank matures with more beneficial bacteria, then you'll notice less algae growth on glass, sand, and rocks.
Thanks, I will try the KZ as suggested

I dose kz cv in my coral food mix oyster feist, reef roids and target feed my corals with that. Also have used flatworm stop as I've heard it helps with color.

reefes pieces

Premium Member
Supporter
Reef color contains major and minor trace for color boosting. You should be able to use this with Pohls and Coral vitalizer but ABCD doesn't do the same things as Pohls and Coral Vitalizer,
I also started dosing RedSea Reef Color ABCD, which one of these that are the same with Pohl or Vitalizer?
Thanks

watchguy123

Featured Reef
Wouldnt it be wonderful if we really understood which supplements provided added color and growth. So hard to factor out fact from wishful thinking. This is not meant as criticism, really just frustration.

Latest posts