Considering LEDs for SCA 50 gallon

I am going to purchase an SCA 50 in the new year. I have thought about a couple of lighting options for this rimless tank, but I would like to read some cold Open Suggestions for lighting this tank with a dimmable, hopefully All In One, lighting system that either comes with or is easily rigged with mounting hardware for this system.

I am looking to do mostly LPS, softies and anemones, but I will also do some easier SPS that can bode well in combined/hybrid systems.

I am also still open for options to effectively cover this tank so that my fishies do not jump out, but not impede the lights in this question as well. For this option, I am leaning toward just making a custom fiber screen to fit over top, but I would like to find a nice glass cover that is designed for this tank that is durable and easily removable for occassional cleaning.

Sent using TAPATALK via Android

I would probably prefer that route, but the manufacturer says the tank needs to be covered with glass (i assume to avoid evaporative moisture)

solitude127

Instant Ocean User
Supporter
Featured Reef
2020 POTM
Correct

While the glass panel is great for minimizing evaporation, it does have to get cleaned more often to allow the maximum light in as well as it can break easier when doing maintenance. I prefer the netting over glass tops. Maybe others can chime in on their preference.

Yeah, i dont mind cleaning glass. I handle glass regularly for a living (just like window screens), so I dont have the same aversion to it as others.

I will probably try netting first, but if I do not care for the aesthetic, I will switch to glass.