Photo Contest!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
SoCaliReefs is please to present our inaugural monthly Photo of The Month (POTM) contest!!! :rock:

Here is how it works. Each registered member can submit ONE photo into the POTM contest. Please limit picture size to no more than 900 pixels in width. Photos can be submitted from the first of the month through the 20th. There must be more than 1 entry in order for it to be a contest. Then all entries will be placed into a poll. Voting will start on the 21st and end on the last day of the month. I know, I know. That's the best we can do at this time :reddy: Maybe in the future we'll have a dedicated software for photo submissions and voting.

So get out your cameras and PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!!!

Each month we'll have a general theme for the photo entries. The thread will be a sticky in the Photography Forum.

And here is the kicker.........There will be a prize or prizes for the monthly winner!!! :beer: So there is reason to wipe the dust off those cameras, recharge the batteries, and start taking those pictures. Please do remember to take that lense cap off first :laugh:

You can only win once every 12 months. This will give a chance for other members to win.

All prizes will be donated by our gracious sponsors in the form of store gift certificates/livestock or some of our members. Just remember that the winner is responsible for picking up the prizes or they can be shipped at their own expense.

Now any and all comments/suggestions are welcomed here. We have a few days to fine tune this event before the December POTM rolls around. Woohoo.......:thrasher:

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL.........no entries for me. Don't want to get greedy and rig the polls. But I will be providing some of the prizes ;)

Ariel, the PookBox is an LE reserved for special occasions :D

Diver Dan - we need to do the Pooka dance now......LOL

Brock - maybe in the future when I can get more prizes rounded up we can have different divisions. Right now, I am just trying to get this thing off the ground. You don't have to be an expert to take great pix ;)

Cool. Sometimes oldies are goodies. I use a 5 year old Nikon CoolPix 885. My XT is assembled but have no money for a macro lense :D

Are you going to have an "amateur" version for me..you know, just barely in focus (unless I cheat with the underwater housing)? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.