Aquastyle LED DIY

calireef

Just finished up my DIY kit from aquastyle and works pretty good and was a lot easier than expected. Took a couple of days but one day was waiting for led glue to dry (about an hour assembly). Not bad for $140 shipped. Only complaint i have is the violet LED are not as bright as other leds.

NICE! i have a question about the dimmable drivers from aquastyle. this uses resistance to change the current output. now when you increment the resistance thats when the current go up? or if you dial down the resistance.

calireef

They actually ship you extra just in case some dont work but i was short one optic, so i left the purple ones off

562Reefer

I'm lighting up an oceanic 30g. They recommended 36 LEDs dimmable 18whites 16 blues 2 uvs. Calculated it and was only costing me less than $150. I'm saving up for it now. Lmk how urs turn out! Oh yeah can u get pic of ur FTS?
TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lazeballz

NICE! i have a question about the dimmable drivers from aquastyle. this uses resistance to change the current output. now when you increment the resistance thats when the current go up? or if you dial down the resistance.
I went on their site. Where did you get that info from? This also sounds wayyyy different from the meanwell driver version of dimming...

lazeballz

They actually ship you extra just in case some dont work but i was short one optic, so i left the purple ones off

Purple = UV im assuming.

Anyone have experience with UV Leds? Right now im doing an experiment with a cheap Black light from walmart...seeing if it will kill/help with some Algae problem im having

Purple = UV im assuming.

Anyone have experience with UV Leds? Right now im doing an experiment with a cheap Black light from walmart...seeing if it will kill/help with some Algae problem im having

HAHAHA, sorry but that black light will do NOTHING with algae. black lights are not the in the correct wavelength for it to do anything to algae. You can buy some sweet blacklight poster though.

lazeballz

HAHAHA, sorry but that black light will do NOTHING with algae. black lights are not the in the correct wavelength for it to do anything to algae. You can buy some sweet blacklight poster though.
uh...wow.. i knew that, but i had one laying around from like 10 halloweens ago...hence EXPERIMENT. Alot of people on other forums actually said that my DIY lights weren't able to sustain life and wasn't worth the effort, but i EXPERIMENTED anyways.

way to go with the support. :boink:

anyhoo - back on point - how are the aquastyle leds going?

calireef

Been up for almost 3 months now. Had problems in the begining with lights being too strong. Ended up burning a chalice and some encrusting montis turned white. I ended up raising the light to about 15in and dimmed the whites to half and blue 25%. Everything looks good now and opening up. Acans look better than ever. Love the color combination as everthing glows.

Hey Wally, I'm expecting mine in a few days! Will see how they'll look.
Awesome! I can't wait. I'm about to put in an order to add two 18 inch RapidLED strip to my LED panel and do that full spectrum thing (red, blue, royal blue, warm, white, cool white, green, and possibly pink). I would go with aqua style cause they're like 25% cheaper but they don't have as many color choices. At least yet.

Latest posts