NEW shallow peninsula tank build

So I sold a clear diamond 50 gallon cube setup to buy a custom 60 gallon I saw on Craigslist. It was built rimless with a corner overflow. The tank is 48"Lx18"Wx16"T with a 37" tall stand. I rebuilt the stand to be used as a peninsula, and added a false wall inside to separate power and sump. Here are some picture of everything sitting in my apartment. The finish on the stand is a custom finish I did..... Let me know what you guys think

I will be moving everything from my old cube to the new system. So mixed reef. Ill attach some photos of the old tank.

All the photos I have right now are here. I'll get some more soon

Sent from my iPad

I have put a 8x54w T5 light on it I stead of the Hamilton tech 2x259w halide combo that it came with.

Also put a super reef octo 1000sss in the sump. This skimmer is pulling carbon out of the water! I have never seen this first hand before

Nice set up... I really like it a lot. Can't wait to see it stocked

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

jbaeza83

Premium Member
Supporter
Looks good but you need to do something about those power heads on the peninsula side. Maybe try getting an MP40 and putting it next to your overflow and placing low flow corals on the far peninsula side.

This is the same issue I was facing when I had my 180g peninsula I was going to setup. I sold that instead and just got a regular one, but besides the pumps, I like it.

Looks good but you need to do something about those power heads on the peninsula side. Maybe try getting an MP40 and putting it next to your overflow and placing low flow corals on the far peninsula side.

This is the same issue I was facing when I had my 180g peninsula I was going to setup. I sold that instead and just got a regular one, but besides the pumps, I like it.
Oh I know! Trust me I'm not a fan of the koralia but I had to do something for temporary flow. I loved my mp10 but the glass is 1/2 inch on the new tank

I want to put a mp40 on the small side that is out, and run the power cord up and along the light. I want to put some sps on the far island so I will be good flow from side to side

Sent from my iPhone8

Love the tank!! Im really starting to like the rimless tanks...maybe that could be my next upgrade from my bow front...:)

texsun

Sweet dimensions and setup, but agree with Juan. A peninsula setup by virtue of it's placement needs to be clean and powerheads showed ideally be along the wall only.

Sweet dimensions and setup, but agree with Juan. A peninsula setup by virtue of it's placement needs to be clean and powerheads showed ideally be along the wall only.
Yeah yeah yeah

I have to agree to a certain extent. The temporary koralias are temporary for a reason.... Because the are big and ugly! But in order to keep some sps on the extruding end I will have to place something there. Like I said before it will most likely be a mp40 with the power cord ran up and down the light or I will grab the hole saw and a cover plate and run it directly into the stand.

I already tried running two Hydor magnums on the wall side but it still wasn't enough down on the other side. There was a slight film build up on the water surface

Sent from my iPhone8

Is there an other magnet mounted power head that I could run on the wall side that will produce a flow strong enough to reach 48"?

Sent from my iPhone8

Latest posts