Bruce Webster Memorial Fund

Hi Fellow Reefers,

As many of you already know, we lost one of our own on Friday night. Bruce Webster was killed in a tragic motorcycle accident near his home in Phelan.

I'm setting up a Memorial fund in honor of Bruce where 100% of the proceeds will go to Bruce's wife & daughters. I will go to my bank tomorrow & setup an account strictly for this purpose. I will also have Paypal available for those wishing to donate by credit card or Paypal account.

I will have more details tomorrow as to where to send donations via snail mail and a Paypal address for wired donations.

Please think of Bruce's wife and daughters in these trying times and donate what you can.

I'll get the ball rolling by donating $100.....................

OK Guys I've got the accounts setup................

If you wish to send a check via snail mail, please make the check out to: Memorial Fund 4 Bruce Webster
Send to:
Bruce Webster Memorial Fund
c/o Steve Blodgett
14142 Kelford St.
Whittier, CA 90604

If you wish to pay via Paypal, please submit payment to:
brucewebstermemorialfund@yahoo.com

I thank you one & all for your condolences & prayers for the family............

Steve :bawling:

RIP Buddy........................We're Gonna Miss Ya

Last edited:

EyeReef

Admin
admin
Supporter
My Tank Build
Hey everyone, dont feel like you need to donate a lot either...Every bit will help....you also can do it it privately by pming SteveOhh

Oh no, right before Xmas...

What a tragic loss for his family, Bruce was a great guy and shared his passion for this hobby with everyone he met.

We will miss you Bruce...

Did a google and only found this:

"Coroner Case #700809296--- On December 12, 2008 at 8:07 PM, Bruce Webster, a 45 year old resident of Phelan was found unresponsive on the dirt shoulder next to his motorcycle, on Sheep Creek Road, approximately seven feet north of Hill Top Road, in the city of Phelan. Webster was transported to Desert Valley Hospital where he was pronounced dead of his injuries at 11:33 PM. The accident is being investigated by the California Highway Patrol. [121308 0655 GB]"

http://www.sbcounty.gov/sheriff/coroner/pressrelease.asp

Man that is a bummer...

Well it appears that the Nazi-ism that is Reef Central won't even allow a link to a Memorial Fund to a fallen comrade. I urge every one of you that pays that communist site to stop paying the $24 a year to a site who won't even allow a link to a cause that has no commercial interest & is only to help a window & her two daughters. If they don't support us, why should we support them?

Man this makes my blood boil....................

I think it's crappy that RC won't allow that, but whatever...let's keep this thread about what's most important.

I will personally be donating. Will you post the info in this thread? In the OP? Or in a new thread? Thanks so much for doing this, Steve.

I will post the info in this thread once I get the account setup. I don't want to collect the funds thru my personal account just so there is no conflict of interest. I will be going to the bank tomorrow afternoon & once the account is setup, I will let everyone know.

Also, once I get word of where & when the services will be held, I will also update thru this thread.

I'm sure I'm speaking for Bruce when I say thanks one & all for your support.

Would you find out if all will be welcome at a memorial service? I would like to go, but I don't want to intrude on the family at such a tough time. Count me in for a donation as well. Please also update us if there is anything specific that the family needs. I am sure plenty of us would want to help wherever we can.

theloud1

This is the latest story that I have found online...i thought you all might like to read it.

Phelan motorcyclist thrown from bike, dies
By Joe Smilor on December 14, 2008 5:45 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | ShareThis
A 45-year-old Phelan man died Friday after a motorcycle he was riding veered off of northbound Sheep Creek Road, and he was ejected.

Authorities found Bruce Scott Webster unresponsive on the dirt shoulder, next to his 2007 Kawasaki motorcycle, on Sheep Creek Road, in Phelan, shortly after 8 p.m.

The location was about seven feet north of Hill Top Road.

Webster suffered blunt force trauma across his entire body, causing fatal injuries, according to the California Highway Patrol.

Webster was taken to Desert Valley Hospital, in Victorville, where he was pronounced dead at 11:33 p.m., according to the San Bernardino County Sheriff-Coroner's Department.

mike.cruz@inlandnewspapers.com

Mac Inger

oh man that is terrible. Steve, will pm you later about a donation to the fund. My condolences to the family. I cant believe it both as a reefer friend and as a fellow motorcycle rider. Does anybody know anything more about the accident ? i mean what happened ? did somebody push him off the road ?

Latest posts