Experience, comments, and reviews please

robert_ellis

Premium Member
Supporter
What is everyones idea of American marine pinpoint monitors? Why does no one use them from what I see? They have monitors for Everything but no one ever mentions them. Any experience with them here?

JDEllis

Owner @ Ellis Aquatics
Supporter
No personal expierence with. I was going to buy the ph monitor recently and was researching a few of there other probes. I read hundreds of reviews and I didn't buy any of them. Way too many of the reviews complained about inaccuracies, and not ever being able to repeat the same result twice back to back. Also price on these is extremely high compared to something like a Hanna checker pen which has great reviews and about a third the price. So now I have the Hanna checker ph pen (and phosphate, all, and ca checkers) and am very happy and results have been able to be duplicated every time back to back so far.

Again just want to state I have no personal expierence just read hundreds of reviews on several sites.

reefes pieces

Premium Member
Supporter
They just seem really expensive for what you can get from a good controller and the add on modules. $250 for a ph controller you can get a DA RKL with ph probe for less than that and it will control other things on top.

JDEllis

Owner @ Ellis Aquatics
Supporter
They just seem really expensive for what you can get from a good controller and the add on modules. $250 for a ph controller you can get a DA RKL with ph probe for less than that and it will control other things on top.
Yep I completely agree....it's asking "controller" price for something a controller can do (plus some) for cheaper.

robert_ellis

Premium Member
Supporter
I get it. I just wish there were probes on the reef keeper or comparable a that monitored calcium, nitrates salinity.... Be nice to have constant monitors.

Hey Robert..I used the salinity monitor for years in a big garage setup with high evap..at the time I bought it there was not that many options around to monitor anything other than PH...I still have it and use it..I cant say the same for the DA reefkeeper I purchased...American marine has been providing their equipment to a lot of people other than the "Reef Community" for a while now..good stuff IMO...ES