Schnitzel's Shallow Leemar 250

Haven't tested alk or calcium since August. Just checked them right now and alk is 8.3 and calcium is 380. I haven't touched my calcium reactor in months. Gunna dose calcium for a few days to bring it up to 400-440. That's usually where it stays.

Haven't tested alk or calcium since August. Just checked them right now and alk is 8.3 and calcium is 380. I haven't touched my calcium reactor in months. Gunna dose calcium for a few days to bring it up to 400-440. That's usually where it stays.
Not too bad for not testing. I'm tired of dosing, thinking about a calcium reactor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not too bad for not testing. I'm tired of dosing, thinking about a calcium reactor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You will never go back. I have a bubble magus doser setup on my frag tank. Such a headache compared to my calcium reactor.

Mag was a little low. 1150. That's good ol instant ocean for yea. Guess I haven't been dosing enough mag to my wager change water.

Last edited:
You will never go back. I have a bubble magus doser setup on my frag tank. Such a headache compared to my calcium reactor.

Mag was a little low. 1150. That's good ol instant ocean for yea. Guess I haven't been dosing enough mag to my wager change water.
Interesting, i use a bubble magus doser and my alk is 9, ca 430, and mag 1430 (not dosing) with little to no fluctuation for months. I think it all depends on the system and finding the right dose. With a calcium reactor you have to dose mg or any levels that are off right? With the doser you just increase or lower your setting...

Little update of a few of my acros :

ORA pearlberry

Rommels watermelon & unknown

ATL shades of fall

Pink lemonade

AoA event horizon millie (true orange millie)

AoA Triton

Racinjasons SOTM Millie

Orange passion (colors are slowly looking better and better)

Not 100% sure on the name. Blueberry fields I think

PC superman acro

Clam and Jedi mind trick monti

Tyree blue matrix

GoReefs Red dragon

Your SPS are looking healthy and encrusting nicely. My favorite is the watermelon and the JMT. How's the RR orange passion doing? Still got the planet earth?

Nick, your SPS game is good, but you really gotta up your fish game, dude! I had to pick up that Labouti for you, man! Haha

When you adding more fish to that monster????

darth maul don't make the line up yet? still back stage getting dolled up? mine kinda looks the same but happier.
My darth maul is still pretty pale. I am getting really good polyp extension all day now. Most SPS take a few weeks to a few months to get acclimated to my lighting, as soon as it does, you'll start seeing more pics. I'm really excited to see this piece color up. Def gunna be one of my favs