How Often do you change your media?

Wankel

Supporter
I just started running GFO and Carbon in reactors 24/7 and was curious how often you all change it out.

gfo depends on phosphate load. If heavy I might have to replace every 5 days. normally every 3 weeks though. I just check the outlet of the gfo reactor for phosphates. Carbon I do every month.

How you been buddy? Havent talked to you in a while

Wankel

Supporter
gfo depends on phosphate load. If heavy I might have to replace every 5 days. normally every 3 weeks though. I just check the outlet of the gfo reactor for phosphates. Carbon I do every month.

How you been buddy? Havent talked to you in a while
Hey man, not bad just trying to get this 90 stable and thriving.

sorry I'm piggy backing but.... Anyone run chemipure? and how often do you change it out? I know it says you can run it for 3 months, but I feel like thats a little too long and to be honest I'm a month+ in and my water is going downhill pretty quick =P

sorry I'm piggy backing but.... Anyone run chemipure? and how often do you change it out? I know it says you can run it for 3 months, but I feel like thats a little too long and to be honest I'm a month+ in and my water is going downhill pretty quick =P
If your water is going down hill quick, I seriously doubt its because of the chemipure. You shouldnt solely rely on chemipure to keep your water clean, you should be doing routine water changes. Im pretty sure everyone agrees that water changes are important.

If your water is going down hill quick, I seriously doubt its because of the chemipure. You shouldnt solely rely on chemipure to keep your water clean, you should be doing routine water changes. Im pretty sure everyone agrees that water changes are important.

I do 15% weekly. By downhill I meant its starting to smell and clarity has dropped. I don't run any other media so I thought maybe I was due a change 😊

Sent from my RM-877_nam_att_205 using Tapatalk

Latest posts