Any Electricians here?!?

I wouldn't install GFCI device behind aquarium, GFCI devices almost always trips when you plug in motors (Pumps,Chiller etc.) if the GFCI device trips it would make it difficult to reset it or if it ever needs replacing it would be difficult to do i personally have my two GFCI devices to the right of my tank what i have connected is the lights, heater, chiller and one return pump.
Just trying to install a 4 gang box, but I am now thinking maybe replace them all with GFCI since it will be directly behind aquarium

...better safe than sorry? what do you think?

ALso can anyone supply with an example of how the GFCI outlets would wire up 4 together? Correct me if im wrong but I just need to daisy chain the line side correct?

Titanwerx

Premium Member
Supporter
Thanks for all your help guys! I'm just going to go with the standard outlets and plug in GFCI protected power strips for easier access like Smartchoice stated.

You really are the "Smartchoice" way to live up to the username!

Thanks again to everyone who chimed in!!

Last edited:
Thank You :), keep us posted on your install.
Thanks for all your help guys! I'm just going to go with the standard outlets and plug in GFCI protected power strips for easier access like Smartchoice stated.

You really are the "Smartchoice" way to live up to the username!

Thanks again to everyone who chimed in!!

Titanwerx

Premium Member
Supporter
Almost forgot, here's a few pics on what was done...

The pipes are for pluming of the water drain and return from the garage, where I house the mixing station. Drain line goes to sewer.
image.jpg
I had to rip into the wall to tap into pre-existing outlet
image.jpg
(Thankfully, I have a very supportive wife that allows me to do this lol).
image.jpg
image.jpg
Added a switch that controls the pump in the garage to control the flow of water leading back to the tank for the refill

Attachments