i would like you opinion(s) on return pumps:

The Laguna 2000 seemed to be more expensive. I don't know if they are not as popular or something, but I would just go with the 2400 and add a ball valve.

How big is the tank that the pump is for?

Unless you plan on upgrading in the near future, or running a manifold, a Laguna 1500 would be plenty for that size tank.

Check so cal tropical fish in Fullerton ( AKA mike at sexy corals), he sells stands for the Laguna 1500. I think it's like $25.

Laguna 1500 $120 + $25 stand and you got yourself a pretty bitchen pump.

Unless you plan on upgrading in the near future, or running a manifold, a Laguna 1500 would be plenty for that size tank.

Check so cal tropical fish in Fullerton ( AKA mike at sexy corals), he sells stands for the Laguna 1500. I think it's like $25.

Laguna 1500 $120 + $25 stand and you got yourself a pretty bitchen pump.

I am running a 3 stage manifold (UV, Dual Reactor, one not running anything for now and water change drain)

ATB flowstar 1500 and Laguna 2000, are basically all the same pumps. (Laguna 2000 has a little more flow) The Fluval sea is an Askoll motor, but has different volute and the pump is supposed to not make as much heat as the Laguna.

The Laguna does not come with a stand, but it comes with attachments to connect flex tubing. If u plan on hard plumbing your return, it's a little tough with the Laguna.
$120

The ATB flowstar 1500 is just a Laguna pump with a stand and a threaded union attached.
$270. (Rip off IMO. They charge you $150 for a stand and a union)

The Fluval sea is little bigger and has a threaded input and output.
$200

I would recommend the Fluval Sea over the Laguna/ATB or the Sicce pump. I have owned a Laguna and I'm currently using the Fluval sp6. It's a beast of a pump and makes zero noise. IMO it's the best submersible pump out right now.

If the Fluval is out of your price range, I'd go with the Laguna. But honestly Any of the pumps I listed are bad as$ pumps.
Please advise that ATB flow stars are different. Salty Critters for whatever reason felt they needed to put a union in the output. ATB flowstars are askol based pumps like Lagunas and the fluval sp pumps. Flowstar pumps are actually less than what salty critters has them listed for. Please contact chad for accurate information on all ATB products as online retailers other than ATB itself have no access to ATB products anymore.

I personally have seen tanks set up with flow star pumps and fluval pumps. Flowstars have the sweet quick connect and optional threaded or barb fitting to give you the option on how you want to set up your plumbing. Flowstars are also way more secured to their base the. The fluval sp. I had a hell of a time keeping my buddies sp4 on the base while hard plumbing his tank.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk