Plumbing problem

Well in that case. Thank you thank you. I don't know to much about the foam thing so sorry

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

No worries RE: the foam boarding I was hoping someone would chime in...re: plumbing...I am all thumbs when it come to plumbing (not my skill set). But like I said im following along.

Six2seven

Premium Member
Supporter
No worries RE: the foam boarding I was hoping someone would chime in...re: plumbing...I am all thumbs when it come to plumbing (not my skill set). But like I said im following along.
Not sure if it was answered but everyone uses the white foam with the aluminum foil on the other side lol.

As far as thickness is completely up to you. I have a 1.5 inch piece but only because I wanted to raise the height that extra inch because my stand was made an inch short. Most people use the half inch piece

Not sure if it was answered but everyone uses the white foam with the aluminum foil on the other side lol.

As far as thickness is completely up to you. I have a 1.5 inch piece but only because I wanted to raise the height that extra inch because my stand was made an inch short. Most people use the half inch piece
Orale...When you cut it it's white. Do you then use a sharpie?

Rafael

1. You need to isolate the manifold from the return
2. Add another union at the the pump side
3. Remove the 90's and 2 45's per 90
4. Good effert

I would agree that 45's are better then 90's in terms of pressure loss... Y would he need to isolate the manifold? It seems like your design would loose more head pressure then his...

When you cut to size you will see the white foam from the board. The sharpie would be for coloring the edge of foam black.

Rafael
Put a nice molding/trim/boarder around it. Make it look sharp man.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

When you cut to size you will see the white foam from the board. The sharpie would be for coloring the edge of foam black.

Rafael
Are you talking about the vertical edge of the foam board when it is under your tank? most people cover that up with some sort of crown molding of their stand frame...

Are you talking about the vertical edge of the foam board when it is under your tank? most people cover that up with some sort of crown molding of their stand frame...
Oh ok make scence. I have never you send board so naturally I never thought of that. Thanks for clearing up.

Rafael

Six2seven

Premium Member
Supporter
Well the minus the 90 degree elbow, that design is a more direct path for water travel. Branching off a "y" you will loose energy or the pressure in this case because of the "alternate route" takes energy to travel...
Honestly whether a 90 or a 45 is used, the pressure loss will be so minimal that you would not even notice it. You would only notice head loss on height regardless of what degree elbows you use.

Honestly whether a 90 or a 45 is used, the pressure loss will be so minimal that you would not even notice it. You would only notice head loss on height regardless of what degree elbows you use.
I would have to agree that height is a greater factor for pressure loss hands down, and in this case the 90 will be minimal. If you start throwing in multiple 90s, you will see a difference in pressure. The question was, why would the manifold with the "y" adapter be less pressure than the one that is a straight shot?

Six2seven

Premium Member
Supporter
I would have to agree that height is a greater factor for pressure loss hands down, and in this case the 90 will be minimal. If you start throwing in multiple 90s, you will see a difference in pressure. The question was, why would the manifold with the "y" adapter be less pressure than the one that is a straight shot?
True, I use Y's where ever I can as well.

Latest posts