Reef Raft USA-wow

No qt. I drip acclimated for same period of time as my all the other fish I get, and leave the lights off. He picked out a cave in the back of the tank pretty fast. He was coming out, not showing any signs of stress, but would not eat. I feed pellets and PE mysis, no one turns the mysis down lol.

No qt. I drip acclimated for same period of time as my all the other fish I get, and leave the lights off. He picked out a cave in the back of the tank pretty fast. He was coming out, not showing any signs of stress, but would not eat. I feed pellets and PE mysis, no one turns the mysis down lol.
You should always qt a fish and make sure its eating before you put it in the dt. I usually just put them in my sump until I know they eat and are good enough to compete for food with the other fish.

Thanks for the info. My fish aren't required to fight for food though. I make sure everyone gets their fare share. Most like to qt, I'm just not one of them. Nor do I have room for one. Everyone does things differently in this hobby ;)

I suggest you buy the acclimation box from marine depot....that works awesome....you can qt the fish right in your dt...it has a separate box...I monitored the fish and feed them separately in that box...once I see them eat consistently I would then release them.....

Thanks for the info. My fish aren't required to fight for food though. I make sure everyone gets their fare share. Most like to qt, I'm just not one of them. Nor do I have room for one. Everyone does things differently in this hobby ;)
Thats true but $50 investment isnt something to take lightly unless its chump change to you. I would listen to suvoung and invest in the box, its no guarantee but it increases your odds.

watchguy123

Featured Reef
Holy coral, I gotta get myself over there...
I'm telling you, its like being a kid and going on a field trip. So exciting... and it is in our own backyard. Reefers across the country would do just about anything to be able to see this stuff in person. It is indeed an amazing opportunity to see some mind boggling coral.

Yeah they have some very nice looking corals there. Too bad my blue spot jawfish went carpet diving the same night I got him. And yes I did have a cover but guess it wasn't tight enough.

BSA

Tony is a solid stand up guy with corals that will blow your mind so head over there if u have not been

watchguy123

Featured Reef
Dropped by yesterday, Friday. Man oh man, he got some incredible new stuff in. Prices were pretty darn good especially considering the beauties he had. Found a blasto, I'm waiting for him to frag a baby for me. I feel like a kid in a candy store every time I visit.

My baby leopard wrasse and female flame wrasse are eating like pigs. He has a bunch of male flame wrasses. Hoping my female turns male

Last edited:
Dropped by yesterday, Friday. Man oh man, he got some incredible new stuff in. Prices were pretty darn good especially considering the beauties he had. Found a blasto, I'm waiting for him to frag a baby for me. I feel like a kid in a candy store every time I visit.

My baby leopard wrasse and female flame wrasse are eating like pigs. He has a bunch of male flame wrasses. Hoping my female turns male
If the female is all you have it'll eventually turn male

What was the price for the flames?