Why do we spend our money on this hobby?!?

pgr11

Supporter
Your right. Spending thousands on our tank and livestock only to have a crash is heartbreaking. At the he same time I ride dirt bikes, and spend thousands on my bike and gear. Sometimes you crash and ruin all kinds of parts. Sometimes a part fails and causes catastrophic failure. Its the nature of things. Try not to dwell on the negative things but all the he positive things and joy your tank brings you. If that means taking a break then so be it

Your right. Spending thousands on our tank and livestock only to have a crash is heartbreaking. At the he same time I ride dirt bikes, and spend thousands on my bike and gear. Sometimes you crash and ruin all kinds of parts. Sometimes a part fails and causes catastrophic failure. Its the nature of things. Try not to dwell on the negative things but all the he positive things and joy your tank brings you. If that means taking a break then so be it
Yeah my tank does bring me joy, as well as stress haha. Just trying to figure out what caused me to loose such precious corals! What kind of dirt bike do you ride, i ride a 12 crf 450. I feel like dirt bikes are almost bullet proof, i have knocked myself out on my yz 250f and my bike was perfect haha.

pgr11

Supporter
Yeah my tank does bring me joy, as well as stress haha. Just trying to figure out what caused me to loose such precious corals! What kind of dirt bike do you ride, i ride a 12 crf 450. I feel like dirt bikes are almost bullet proof, i have knocked myself out on my yz 250f and my bike was perfect haha.
I have an 04 crf450 and an 08 450 exc. I'm considering selling the crf and putting the money toward a 300xcw

Six2seven

Premium Member
Supporter
Got to be careful with those cadlight pellet reactors. They work really well and I still think they work the best for the price but they get clogged. I would bet that the pellets had a lot to do with your crash.

When I had a crash due to my alk swing I was depressed and just left the tank alone. After so long I realized keeping my hands out of the tank was probably the best thing. I fell in love again and I feel like everything is back to normal. I love shopping for sps anyway.

Got to be careful with those cadlight pellet reactors. They work really well and I still think they work the best for the price but they get clogged. I would bet that the pellets had a lot to do with your crash.

When I had a crash due to my alk swing I was depressed and just left the tank alone. After so long I realized keeping my hands out of the tank was probably the best thing. I fell in love again and I feel like everything is back to normal. I love shopping for sps anyway.
I am not touching my tank right now, but for some reason my bubble magnus doser keeps shutting off and i have to mess with the cord. I am wondering if i should do a big water change this weekend in efforts to save the remainder of my sps or just wait it out?

I am not touching my tank right now, but for some reason my bubble magnus doser keeps shutting off and i have to mess with the cord. I am wondering if i should do a big water change this weekend in efforts to save the remainder of my sps or just wait it out?
How long has this been happening?
Have you tested the big 3 params lately?
Maybe super low alk caused the rtn/stn.
Which in turned cause the corals to release a crap load of slim which in turn caused a crash.
Im just tossing out ideas on this one.

I guess i just dont have the reefer friends/experience that you have. What attracts me to the hobby is the chase, it like trying to get the hot girl that wants nothing to do with you! As for the whole riding analogy "its just a matter of time before you go down", i dont really believe that! I have been riding for 8 year and had multiple bike/riding a 2014 ducati 1199 now and have never been down (many close calls though, knock on wood), alway plan a exit route and never get to relaxed!
+1......