Jabeo wp-25 blowing sand

Sdudley67

So I'm new. That being said, I have a 65 gallon 2 weeks running now. I can't seems to find a position or setting for the wave makers that doesn't blow sand somewhere causing weird dips in my sand. The built in overflow is in the left corner. Maybe someone here has better knowledge of placement and settings on the pump. Also the instructions with the wp-25 must be from the old style because there are functions on the new controller that aren't even explained.

Sdudley67

There are three speeds. S1 S2 and S3. They are also associated with other settings. H1 H2 H3 W1 W2 W3 and reef.

toomuch420

Premium Member
Supporter
S1-s3 = speed control
W1-w3= wave control
Not sure on h
Reef is random patterns
I think.
Maybe someone else will have more or better info
As I use w3

Since your overflow is in the left corner, I'm assumeing that the return flow is coming out of it and to the right. What you want to achieve is a continuation of that current. So, you may try placeing it on the right side on the back of the tank or the side and down a bit( so it doesn't suck air in a vortec ) so it pushes water back toward the overflow.

Sdudley67

Jerry...your a genius. I took the right side powerhead, moved it to the back and down a third of the way. Pointed toward the front glass center. W1 S2. Took the left side powerhead and have it placed about 4 inches down. W1S3 pointed towards the back right corner. There is definitely a mace motion in the tank. No more vortex and sand isn't blowing. Not sure if water is moving in all areas but I can look into that tomorrow using a fishing bobble and moving it around the tank.

I use same wp25 in my 60g & also is tomuch flow,, change a wp10,,now works great in my tank,, I recommend change a wp10

Sdudley67

By the way I have two wp-25's. Not just one. Thought of going down to two wp-10 but was trying to not spend another chunk of money.