Something eating my Zoas

xxsevxx

I dont even care about my zoas now, im busy bustin a move to da dip...

lol but seriously if i dip them and put them back wont more just crawl on them? and what wrasse could i get for a 30 nano?

you have an infestation of copepods... i'd get a fish to cut down on them... but first, you should find out why you have so many...

my thoughts are that you over feed your tank... pods are the clean up crew... if there are so many that they are starting to eat corals, then you have a problem... you can also be growing a algae that is growing on the zoas... that's probably what they are really eating... or maybe your zoas are sick... if they are sick, then the pods and worms will come in and finish eating the infected rotted flesh...

go grab a nice wrasse... but also cut down on your feeding... anytime you have a ton of pods or bristle worms, it's from over feeding...

get a 6line wrasse... them things eat ERRYTHANG!!!...

xxsevxx

I have only 1 goby in there, so i dont have anything that will actually eat the pods. I had a Royal and a neon that both jumped at the same time when i was doing maintenance. and since then ive been more into corals than fish. I will give the wrasse a try and see what happens. all three frags were healthy and multiplying before this happened. I think the pods came from my friends tank when he gave me cheato.

Small melanarus for time being is also a good idea, I've had problems with amphipods eatig my zoas, got my self one of those killing machines(melanarus) and now zoas are doing much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk